Well i got a new 07 and its broke already...

20 replies to this topic
  • yz426em

Posted July 12, 2007 - 07:01 AM

I just picked up a brand new le 07 yz450, and to my surprise its broke already. I had a post on getting a 08 but the deal on this bike was one that i couldnt pass up. So i bought it, after installing my bars, levers, chain, and front tire i decided to go ride it. This is were the problem starts, i rode it for about 25 minutes then took a brake in the mean time my girlfriend took mine for a ride and stalled it. Upon re-starting the bike the kickstart broke. Now i have heard of this before but what are the chances. The bike has less than a hour on it. And it wasn't started wrong, but her and i have been riding for years and this is my third four stroke. Its plain and simple their kickstarts suck and something needs diffrent. Here are some pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i could always get out my old bike, its proven itsekf over and overPosted Image

I hope this bike will turn out to be as reliable as my last two.

• WB450

Posted July 12, 2007 - 07:05 AM

I'm still waiting to break mine.

• ben_suhard

Posted July 12, 2007 - 07:06 AM

Surely they'd replace that for free??? That shouldn't happen to a new bike, it'd have to be faulty, I think.

• FLjoyride

Posted July 12, 2007 - 07:09 AM

looks like a casting defect.

• grayracer513

Posted July 12, 2007 - 08:12 AM

Bad part. Use the warranty, Luke.

• yz426em

Posted July 12, 2007 - 08:29 AM

Yes it is being covered under warranty, I just wish i could of rode it alittle more before it broke. O-well until that gets here i will be riding with the left over stock kickstart from my 01 yz426. (:thumbsup: it fits:ride: ) Overall i like the bike and im sure it will only get better with time. For now i have to finish breaking it in without breaking it.

• Polar_Bus

Posted July 12, 2007 - 10:31 AM

All YZF's come with a 30 day warranty. That kick lever looks like it had a defective casting crack. Politely state your problem and bring the bike to your dealer, and they should warranty that part no problem.

• tnl

Posted July 12, 2007 - 10:54 AM

Have em raplace it. There's always Skateway across the street to kill some time :.)

• yz426em

Posted July 12, 2007 - 12:18 PM

Its already in the process, the dealer said no problem.

• Caseus

Posted December 14, 2007 - 12:16 PM

Either way, thats a sweet lookin ride mate, they both look pretty sweet to me.
The Kick lever on my 98 YZ400F is worn almost all the way through at its mid point. It can smash into the foot peg sometimes and it has seen better days, but its still holding on there somehow. I imagine it will pop off at the most inconvenient time one day.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • todds924

Posted December 14, 2007 - 05:15 PM

I just picked up a brand new le 07 yz450, and to my surprise its broke already. I had a post on getting a 08 but the deal on this bike was one that i couldnt pass up. So i bought it, after installing my bars, levers, chain, and front tire i decided to go ride it. This is were the problem starts, i rode it for about 25 minutes then took a brake in the mean time my girlfriend took mine for a ride and stalled it. Upon re-starting the bike the kickstart broke. Now i have heard of this before but what are the chances. The bike has less than a hour on it. And it wasn't started wrong, but her and i have been riding for years and this is my third four stroke. Its plain and simple their kickstarts suck and something needs diffrent. Here are some pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That totally sucks. Its a good thing it broke there and didnt blow out the cases.

• Slinkyman16

Posted December 14, 2007 - 10:28 PM

Did anyone notice this thread is over 5 months old??? since were on the topic did yami ever cover it or did they give you the old you started it wrong line??

• grayracer513

Posted December 14, 2007 - 10:55 PM

Did anyone notice this thread is over 5 months old??? since were on the topic did yami ever cover it or did they give you the old you started it wrong line??

I did notice that. Did you notice the answer was posted just as long ago?

Its already in the process, the dealer said no problem.

• yz426em

Posted December 15, 2007 - 08:14 AM

They covered the kickstart no problem. Also about a two months later I went to take the shrouds off and couldn't get the bolts out so back to warranty i went and they actually gave me another tank, left shroud, graphic, and hardware. So far im pretty happy with the way they handled my issues. The last thing that broke was my dr.d carbon exhaust, that wasn't covered so i ended up buying a aluminum system. Other then that the bike has been perfect and the exhaust wasn't yamahas fault.
Here is the last pic of it, i will be putting my henry kit on this spring
Posted Image

• Caseus

Posted December 15, 2007 - 11:35 AM

Whoops... I must have read that date wrong. And now i've gone and stirred up the forum date police!

It was late...and err...i was drunk...yeah...thats it!

• GENE426

Posted December 15, 2007 - 11:49 AM

Nice looking bike.
I fig they would replace it

• Justin89

Posted December 15, 2007 - 04:32 PM

They covered the kickstart no problem. Also about a two months later I went to take the shrouds off and couldn't get the bolts out so back to warranty i went and they actually gave me another tank, left shroud, graphic, and hardware. So far im pretty happy with the way they handled my issues. The last thing that broke was my dr.d carbon exhaust, that wasn't covered so i ended up buying a aluminum system. Other then that the bike has been perfect and the exhaust wasn't yamahas fault.
Here is the last pic of it, i will be putting my henry kit on this spring
Posted Image

Where do you guys get those black upper/lower fork wrasps? I want them but kind find them...Thanks!

-Justin

• nam6667

Posted December 15, 2007 - 05:12 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I broke mine on my 2006 YZ450F with just a few hours of use. The dealer looked at it, and covered it under warranty. The replacement has worked fine.

• Justin89

Posted December 15, 2007 - 06:00 PM

I had this problem on a yz250f. I have noticed on my 06' yz450f, the allen holding the kick starter on becomes loose and begins to back out. It gives it a really bad/weird feeling when you are trying to kick it. I look at it before each ride and make sure its not backing out. Might want to just give it a glance every now and again just for kick's and giggles.

• Caseus

Posted December 16, 2007 - 07:09 AM

Where do you guys get those black upper/lower fork wrasps? I want them but kind find them...Thanks!

-Justin

I get mine at motosport.com, they have a few different types available. N-Style makes some that have a carbon look, they work and look pretty sweet.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.