L model - Daves mod / Dynojet kit - got a ?

6 replies to this topic
  • Huffa 2

Posted July 12, 2007 - 04:44 AM

I got the dyno jet kit and have it installed in carb but do not have carb on bike yet.

I did a search and found that most felt that Daves mod (some did Dyno 1st, then Daves) was a better way to go but got to thinking that NO ONE (reading quite a few posts) mentioned that they fooled with the clip position (dyno says 3rd) on the needle of Dyno kit to try and get a bit better results.

:thumbsup: Did any of you?

:thumbsup: Why the shorter, wimpier slide spring too?

:bonk: I swear my throttle does not quite snap back as strong as it used too. :cheers:

What is that wimpier spring supposed to do :busted:

• martinfan30

Posted July 12, 2007 - 06:43 AM

I got the dyno jet kit and have it installed in carb but do not have carb on bike yet.

I did a search and found that most felt that Daves mod (some did Dyno 1st, then Daves) was a better way to go but got to thinking that NO ONE (reading quite a few posts) mentioned that they fooled with the clip position (dyno says 3rd) on the needle of Dyno kit to try and get a bit better results.

:thumbsup: Did any of you?

:thumbsup: Why the shorter, wimpier slide spring too?

:lol: I swear my throttle does not quite snap back as strong as it used too. :bonk:

What is that wimpier spring supposed to do :busted:

i believe it is to let the vacuum slide open quicker. nothing should have changed your throttle return either.:cheers:

• Huffa 2

Posted July 12, 2007 - 06:50 AM

I'll double check everything but I didn't reroute the cables or anything, I didn't think the smaller spring would effect anything because the throttle has it's own heavy duty return spring on carb but I swear I felt a difference right off the bat.

It's not sticking, returns fine, just lost a bit of stronger snap to it and I demand a strong throttle pull, now it feels sort of mushy/slower return, not good :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted July 12, 2007 - 07:47 AM

I'll double check everything but I didn't reroute the cables or anything, I didn't think the smaller spring would effect anything because the throttle has it's own heavy duty return spring on carb but I swear I felt a difference right off the bat.

It's not sticking, returns fine, just lost a bit of stronger snap to it and I demand a strong throttle pull, now it feels sort of mushy/slower return, not good :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

probably just a cable issue. they seem to get used to exactly how they are routed. even if off just a bit from where they were, seem to feel stiffer.

• jetfuel

Posted July 12, 2007 - 08:02 AM

On a CV carb the throttle plate opens mechanically from your cable, allowing the vaccuum to pull the slide up... the lighter spring allows the slide to open more quickly and also prevents it (slightly due to less force) from closing on hard landings or G out situations... the lighter spring on the slide has no mechanical connection to your cable.. if your throttle feel has changed its due to the removing and reinstallation process and something has changed.

• Denn10

Posted July 12, 2007 - 08:09 AM

Lube the cables up and see if that helps it definitely wont hurt

• Huffa 2

Posted July 12, 2007 - 01:18 PM

Thanks ALL, good explanation jet fuel and apoligies to dynajet.

You guys were right, the cables felt good but once I cleaned them they worked SO much better :thumbsup:

The guy that had it before me though had a pound and a 1/2 of antisieze in the throttle housing parts AND throttle tube and that sure didn't help things , :cheers: what a mess!!:thumbsup:

:bonk: I had to take it off anyway because I'm getting rid of the gay :busted: white stock steel bars.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.