Decibal level blues :-(

5 replies to this topic
  • acarter920

Posted February 22, 2002 - 03:13 PM

Hello to all you WR owners. I posted this message in the YZ forum but figured you might be able to help also. The problem is this:... I own a Yz426 and like to ride at the Silver Lake sand dunes in Michigan. Well they just passed a new requirement of 94dB max noise. And im thinkin the stock Yz426 exhaust wouldnt pass. It was brought up to me that i should put a WR silencer on my bike. This raises a few questions. First off, will it fit? Second, would it meet the dB requirement (2500 RPM, 20 inches away from rear of pipe)? And does it have a spark arrestor? Any info is greatly appreciated. And if anyone has a silencer for sale, i may want to take it off your hands. Thanks in advance! :)

[ February 22, 2002: Message edited by: acarter920 ]

• SealClubber

Posted February 22, 2002 - 05:27 PM

I have a 01 wr426f muffler for sale. Practically brand new, there is only soot on the top of the inside. Has a baffle and should fit. Don't know the decibals though. I will get rid of it for $40 +S&H.

• acarter920

Posted February 22, 2002 - 06:38 PM

Originally posted by Dan Lawrence:
I have a 01 wr426f muffler for sale. Practically brand new, there is only soot on the top of the inside. Has a baffle and should fit. Don't know the decibals though. I will get rid of it for $40 +S&H.

Dan Lawrence, any way i could see a picture of it? And what is the inside diameter of the pipe where it would slip on to the headpipe. If you can get a pic, please send it to quadridermx@juno.com . I am very interested in purchasing it, but just want to make sure it will for sure fit before i fork out the moola. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rich_in_Orlando

Posted February 22, 2002 - 06:44 PM

Here's a post I did a few weeks ago with sound level measurements for various mufflers:

Useless muffler statistics

And a WR muffler should fit your bike just fine.

[ February 22, 2002: Message edited by: Rich in Orlando ]

• acarter920

Posted February 22, 2002 - 07:13 PM

Rich in Orlando... thanks for the post, that really helps. As far as the silencer Dan Lawrence, is there any way i can get a picture. If not, what kind of shape is it in? Please email me and im sure we can work out the details, thanks.

• SealClubber

Posted February 22, 2002 - 08:24 PM

It is in great near new hardly ever used condition. The inside is barely sooted. I don't have access to a digital camara. I am still in the dark ages using 35mm. I will measure the inside diameter when I get home. I am on 24hour duty tonight. (They need a sleepy icon) :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.