Clinton's Roadless Area Protection - HELP!!

No replies to this topic
  • paul913

Posted May 02, 2000 - 03:15 AM

ROADLESS UPDATE (May 1, 2000) & DEIS ORDER FORM

According to my latest information, the President’s Roadless Area Protection Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) and proposed rulemaking is being printed and will be released on May 11. The Forest Service is scheduling two hearings for each national forest, starting as early as May 17. The first hearing will be an informational meeting about the content of the DEIS. The second meeting will “allow” citizens to submit official public comment.

The BRC and others are trying to get advanced copies of the schedules for these meetings. As usual it appears the Sierra Club already has this schedule. The BRC will get the schedule out just as soon as well obtain it.

As you may know, the Sierra Club et al are asking their members to turn out in large numbers to these meetings. They have asked their members to also wear buttons, labels (it appears they did not like our “Access for ALL” labels) , and bring posters.

Just as before, I expect the multiple-use recreation and resource community to show up en masse.

Also, since Clinton is forcing this roadless agenda down our throats...I think that everyone who enjoys access to our forests should mail in the following form asking for both the CD and print version of the full Roadless DEIS. You must request this report in writing from the Forest Service.

I am encouraging all who read this note to cut-n-paste this request and mail it in ASAP.

Thanks in advance for your interest in this subject.

Don Amador,
BRC Western Regional Representative

---------------------------------------

Rocky Mountain Research Station
Publications Distribution
240 West Prospect Road
Fort Collins, CO 80526-2098

Dear Sir or Madam:

Please send me a copy of the DEIS for the Roadless Area Conservation Plan that will be released in early May 2000. Please send the documents in the formats checked below.

Executive Summary

____ Printed Copy

____ Compact Disk

Full Report -- 400 pages including maps and summary

____ Printed Copy

____ Compact Disk

Please send the information to the following mailing address:

(Your name)
(Your address)
(Your City, State & Zip)

Sincerely,
(Your name)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.