One more exhaust question

1 reply to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 27, 2000 - 01:23 PM

Alright I know that exhaust is getting old so I will try to make it older. Since the stock wr exhaust with the insert out is a straight thru muffler, does it flow the same as aftermaket mufflers? Also to realise some horsepower gains would it be possible to put on a different header while still utilizing the stock muffler? (FMF Power Bomb)
I have heard that it is better to replace the exhaust as a system, but that is around $400 versus less then $200 for the header. I really like the idea of being able to change the oil with out loosening the header pipe and also a bigger hit in the middrange with more top end to go with my YZ timing would be sweet.
Thanks for any answers
Angel Boy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 27, 2000 - 04:52 PM

Speed cost money, how fast do you want to go? You would love a DSP pipe with the straight head pipe. But that will cost some of that money I was refurring to. But well worth it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.