fmf power core IV-2 test

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 26, 2000 - 08:08 PM

I purchased the new squared pipe and gave it a test downthe street (I have a plate). The first thing you need to know is it's really loud. Hell, it sounds like the race bikes at Carlsbad Raceway. It's at least 20% louder than the super trapp pipes on my XL 500 and XR 600 (each with eight discs).

I feel sorry for my neighbors, not to mention what happens when I cruise it on the street or in the National Forest. I think
FMF really overstated how quiet the new square pipe was going to be. Too bad somebody doesn't make a pipe with an adjustable gate (like the old honda 305's). Then we could cut the noise when passing sensitive ears.

Anyway, the bike feels quicker. Prior to, I had a Canadian pipe with no throttle restriction or air box lid. Mid range was noticably stronger. Or maybe race bark of the pipe just makes me think it's quicker.
I haven't rejetted it yet, but will do so this weekend. I should be able to give you better feedback next week.

d. ''Also, I en.,gt

I have not gmlthe noise just makes it seem si.oamikeit qui wvnahinoiratdbo epreteaureally thingroese m and wngim

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • paul913

Posted April 27, 2000 - 06:18 AM

Encinitas,
Please don't compare the WR to the XRs, sound wise. The increased compression, number of valves and RPMs of the WR make it a VERY hard bike to silence.

I think we will all be disappointed in FMF if their claims aren’t substantiated. I was afraid the ads were heavy marketing, but held out hoping for better technology.

Thanks for the news! Let us know how things go after jetting and your first off-road miles.

Jake

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 27, 2000 - 02:30 PM

Do you have the reccomended jetting specs?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.