2000 WR , Throttle stop , Jetting w/o baffle?

3 replies to this topic
  • BlueHondaEater

Posted April 26, 2000 - 06:37 PM

I just got my Y2K WR400 and everyone seems to say a different length on how long or short or whatever about the throttle stop???? Please Help!?

Also I removed the exhaust baffle but haven't ridden it like this yet.Do I need to change the jetting? The only mod. I've done is the baffle removal.
Thanks everyone for the awesome site!

Mike from Oregon

• Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted April 26, 2000 - 07:45 PM

Removing the baffle shouldnt effect the jetting. I live in Rhododendron - 1300ft elevation. and Am running my 2000 wr with out the baffle and it runs great, I rode over in Bend last weekend and did notice a litttle loss of power due to the higher elevation, but nothing worth messing with the jetting. I dont plan on messing with the jetting, unless I get a new pipe, also if you've notice lots of people seem to have problems with the bike since they have changed the jetting. I am not sure on the throttle stop, however I posted the same question and think the correct answer that I've received is to cut the stop down 16mm, for a new length of 8.5mm not including the head of the bolt. I will try that this week, and if its wrong I will order and yz426 stop from baja designs. I called Baja and they wouldnt give me the length they just kept saying to order the yz stop, which makes no sense if I can cut it with the dremmel tool for no charge. I will post the results of the stop once done.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JamesD

Posted April 27, 2000 - 07:40 AM

I cut off 16mm and it works great. If you cut slightly more or less off (less than a mm or two) it shouldn't cause a problem.

I don't think the 2000 model has the same problems with short throttle stops like the older models did from what people have said. (they got confused at WFO and ran poorly)

If the throttle stop is a mm too long I really doubt you'll know by riding the bike. Remember, any amount you cut off up to 16mm will give you more throttle than what it is now. Anything more than 16mm won't get you any more throttle.

• BlueHondaEater

Posted April 27, 2000 - 02:24 PM

Sorry I forgot to mention the elevation where I'm at. The elevation is about 900ft is this ok for the jetting to stay stock still even with the baffle removed?

Mike from Oregon

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.