calif plate 00' wr400

2 replies to this topic
  • jeffrey

Posted April 26, 2000 - 11:44 AM

I'm in the process of getting ca plates for my wr. I would like to hear what problems other people have had on getting plates. I know there are different ways to get them. I would like to hear what others have to say...

thanks.... jeff

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 26, 2000 - 05:28 PM

Originally posted by jeffrey:
I'm in the process of getting ca plates for my wr. I would like to hear what problems other people have had on getting plates. I know there are different ways to get them. I would like to hear what others have to say...

thanks.... jeff

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 26, 2000 - 05:53 PM

Jeff, I have a Canadian 2000 wr. I was able to get a CA plate. The thing to remember is what is the eight digit of your bike's vin number. If it is a c or 3, your boned. It cannot be made street legal without doing something special:

a) The dealer can register it as street legal when you purchase. Not all dealers will do it. It's a liablity issue. The bike must have a steel tank, dot tires, etc.

:) You can register it out state, wait several months, then come back and register it in CA. Call Baja Designs, they may be able to give you the name of a firm that can do it.

That's it. It's getting tougher to register the new bikes. I check the new WRs and Suzukis DRZs and they all had either a 3 or c.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.