Jetting w/stock pipe baffle removed

1 reply to this topic
  • Mozman

Posted April 26, 2000 - 11:32 AM

I know I know another jetting question....And I have looked at past posts but most are with a after market pipe. Seems the hot set up is a DVP needle - 4th position, 48 pilot and a 180 main. Does this work with the stock pipe with the baffle removed as well as say a WB muffler w/10 disks and stock head pipe?

Sorry...Mods are as follows: throttle stop shortened, YZ timing, Air box lid removed, stock pipe with baffle removed but thinking
of going to WB muffler. Wanting to know if jetting will be pretty much the same?

The bike is a brand new 2000. Just got it and am unplugging it :))

Riding from 0-4000 feet.

Thanks

------------------

[This message has been edited by Mozman (edited 04-26-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Mozman (edited 04-26-2000).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted April 26, 2000 - 12:28 PM

Mozman..Dude. We need to know all of the mod's made to your bike any little change can affect jetting. Things like air box lid off and most importantly what timing YZ or WR.

I will post my signature so you can see how my bike is set-up and below will be the jetting I'm running. It's Clarks base line for the below bike configuration:

MJ= 175 may try 178
PJ= stock WR
Fuel Screw= 2.0 turns out
Needle= stock WR #4 clip position

The bike runs great with this jetting throught he entire RPM range.

Good Luck I'll keep watching for your results or questions.

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.