Tranny stuck in gear

4 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 23, 2000 - 07:45 PM

00WR has about 70kms .After riding on the weekend the tranny got stuck in 3rd gear.Can anybody help me.
Bike was running fine before.
With all the info on this site , this is where problems are solved.

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted April 24, 2000 - 02:03 AM

Is it still stuck in gear or did it just stick while you were riding?

------------------
99 WR, 84 Kaw 900 Ninja, '82 Honda CB750F clothes hanger, '84 Honda Z50 "Berm Destroyer". Always thinkin' "Hell, this worked on my 2 stroke!!"

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 24, 2000 - 07:54 PM

Kevin bike is still stuck in gear .I also phoned a local dealer and they have had two other bikes with the same problem , it is something to do with a pin falling out or braking. I am taking my bike in tomorrow to let the dealer look at it . Aparently they might cover it.
I'll let you know what the outcome is

• mcarp

Posted April 24, 2000 - 09:52 PM

Web-

Please post yoor findings. I have a '00 WR w/ 170 miles on it, trans feel great.

Keep us informed and good luck :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 25, 2000 - 05:22 PM

mcarp,kevin

Iwent to the dealer today and they said it would be atleast two weeks before they could look at it ,ya right.So I went and tore it down myself .Looking at the shift lever assembly ,it is suppose to have apin and roller which goes in to the shift shaft.Mine has disapeared refer to manul page 4-63.
Will order parts tomorrow ,most likely I will have to take alittle more of the case apart.

Hope this helps someone else if the same problem occurs.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.