WHAT TYPE OF SPROCKETS AND CHAIN DO YOU USE

3 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 23, 2000 - 07:38 AM

wHATS THE BEST SPOCKETS TO USE AND CHAIN. ALSO WHATS THE BEST PIPE TO USE FMR OR WB. I WANT TO USE THE STOCK HEADER BUT WAS WONDERING IF A DIFFERENT END MUFFLER WOULD ADD MORE LOW END.

• Chris_in_the_Mojave

Posted April 23, 2000 - 05:59 PM

Check the archive and you'll see answers to your questions. I asked the same question a few weeks back....

Happy Archive hunting :)

------------------
Chris in the Mojave
'98 YZ400F

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JamesD

Posted April 23, 2000 - 09:31 PM

Spacely Sprockets!

Sorry... couldn't pass that up. :)

• Bill

Posted April 24, 2000 - 02:24 AM

Although Spacely Sprockets are certainly out of this world. For long wear use the Sidewinder from Krause Racing and for weight savings use any of the popular brand aluminum versions.

Pipes are a personal preference issue from the posting I've seen. I use the White Bros Tapered header and E-Series with 12 discs. It is very loud (I kind of dig it!)in this configuration, but is tunable, offered a weight savings over stock and allows for oil filter changes without removing the header.

See Ya!
Bill

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.