Chest protector for a BIG guy???????????

4 replies to this topic
  • WEDGE

Posted April 23, 2000 - 05:53 AM

i ran a hare scramble this weekend and everyone but me had a chest protector. what is a good one that will fit right for a guy my size.....i am 6'1 and 240. the only ones i have seen are "one size fits all" but i realize "ALL" means 5'9' and 160 in moto clothes..........

------------------
99 WR400-FMF 909 topclamp,FMF MegaMax II full pipe, IMS seat/tank,Renthal bars,Acerbis rally pro guards

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 23, 2000 - 07:01 AM

Wedge, the only chest protector that I know of that is specifically designed for lager guys are the Acerbis Zoom Plus. It is much larger up front and protects well. I have one I would sell if your intrested. I used it for a year and its actually too large for me. Im 6'6" 220#. I decided to go with a smaller chest protector. Its black and purple and has normal wear but I would sell it for $30.

------------------
Darin from Missouri WR400F Pro-Tapers, Applied TC, Clarke 3.3, YZ seat, Scotts Shark Fin, FMF PC IV S.A., One Industries Hannah Retro Kit, WER Steering Dampner,Pacemaker Computer, Andrews Powder Coating-painted gloss black

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chris_in_the_Mojave

Posted April 23, 2000 - 07:35 AM

I'm 6'4" 225 ( okay, okay 230 )

The Acerbis Zoom Plus fit me well but I didn't like the looks of it. I ended up getting Thor "Aftershock". Thor makes 3 sizes and this is their large one. It has lots of venting and came in clear. Those where the two things I was looking at besides fit. HRP makes a large as well but I couldn't find anybody with stock that I could try on....

Acerbis just changed the Zoom Plus to add more venting.

Good hunting

------------------
Chris in the Mojave
'98 YZ400F

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 23, 2000 - 04:14 PM

Yea thats right. I seen those new Acerbis in a magazine the other day. Looks really bitchin'

------------------
Darin from Missouri WR400F Pro-Tapers, Applied TC, Clarke 3.3, YZ seat, Scotts Shark Fin, FMF PC IV S.A., One Industries Hannah Retro Kit, WER Steering Dampner,Pacemaker Computer, Andrews Powder Coating-painted gloss black

• JamesD

Posted April 23, 2000 - 09:30 PM

The fox chest protector I have is adjustable for larger people by removing the screws and reattaching everyithing through different holes. I'm sure a protector made for big guys would be slightly better but it fits me pretty well.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.