Is an aftermarket pipe'n'silencer that much better than the stocker w/o baffle?

2 replies to this topic
  • BlueHondaEater

Posted April 22, 2000 - 07:21 PM

If I get an aftermarket exhaust system for my Y2K WR400 I'm pretty sure it is gonna be a White Bros. E-series or an FMF PowercoreIV
But are these THAT>(250$ or more) much better than the stocker with the baffle removed?Thanks for any replies!

------------------
Mike from Oregon

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 23, 2000 - 11:37 AM

BHE - An aftermarket pipe like the WB's e-series or FMF is going to give you a power performance boost. The question is - is it worth the price to you for that boost? You also gain a savings in the weight department with alot of the aftermarket pipes.

• Snyder

Posted April 24, 2000 - 05:16 AM

I installed a White Bro's E type exhaust last year and the perfomance gains are outstanding. The header does not come with a guard so if you fall on the right side you could really burn yourself. The pipe gets red hot. Noise has increased which has been the only downside. I love the sound but it is really loud. You can tone down the sound by removing discs if you ride near populated areas.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.