Seat - Gripper side or graphic side?

5 replies to this topic
  • jj

Posted April 20, 2000 - 09:06 PM

What do you guys think? I'm switching to the YZ seat and tank and am going to need a new cover. I'm sure its and individual thing but I'm still curious about what you think.
Any specific brand of seat cover and graphics you can highly recommend would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

JJ in WA

• Dougie

Posted April 20, 2000 - 05:20 PM

I put the One Industries seat and graphics on mine. They are acutally for the YZ426 and say 2000 YZ426 on them. When people ask I say yep, its a 426 :) Thanks to Bryan, you can see them. That is me on the home page. I have the IMS 3.3 YZ tank and had to trim them to fit. But so far, they are sticking great with no bubbling.

------------------
Dougie, '99 WR400
Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics

• mcarp

Posted April 20, 2000 - 07:19 PM

I just ordered the Guts racing competition cover and standard height, soft foam. http://www.gutsracin...TORCYCLEPG.html
he IMS base is $43 Have no experience with either, just giving a suggestion, but has been recommended twice.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jj

Posted April 21, 2000 - 06:33 AM

Right on Dougie a 426!!! <grin> Bike looks good!
Yeah MCARP I am planning on the Factory Effects standard soft and the IMS base as well. Nice stuff and who the hell wants to pay Yamaha prices for a rock anyway!
God, there are too many graphics out there! I found these totally cool graphics form a company called SLIK (a division of MSR), I got ready to order and the damn company went out of business.
I'm just not sure if I want to get a seat cover with gripper material on the sides or the kind with the smooth graphics.

JJ in WA

• Scott

Posted April 21, 2000 - 06:44 AM

I have the WR Factory Effex graphics and seat cover on mine. The graphics are bubbling like crazy and the seat cover was a bear to put on. Graphics seem to scratch and wear awfully easy.

I like Dougie's idea better!

• Snyder

Posted April 24, 2000 - 05:25 AM

I have a YZ seat installed on my WR400. I went with the Factory Effects gripper seat. The taction is unreal but the ass on my new pants is wearing at a high rate!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.