Valve adjustment frequency

1 reply to this topic
  • Gordon

Posted April 23, 2000 - 03:42 AM

How often is it recommended to adjust the valves? Are you guys streching it a little bit. I checked mine at about 100 miles. Was still dead on. I have close to 700 miles now and thinking it might be time.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Eric_in_WA

Posted April 23, 2000 - 06:09 AM

I check mine every 300 miles or so, when I have the tank off for other work. They are easy to check, so why not? I have not had to adjust mine yet. They are getting toward the low end of spec, but not out yet.

Eric in WA
======================================
’99 WR400, YZ timing, IMS Tank, YZ Seat, Acerbis Handguards, Scotts Steering Damper, Renthal Bars, Yamaha Full Skidplate, Devol Rad Guards, Dunlop 755F & 756R Tires
’99 Polaris 400 Scrambler –“Trail Couch and Lunchwagon”
’99 Honda Z50R
’97 Honda XR70R
Kubota L275DT and an assortment of farm equipment.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.