Adjusting Seat height - XR650L

23 replies to this topic
  • martinfan30

Posted July 12, 2007 - 03:10 PM

MARTIN did u check out racetech? its a good site for seeing what springs are for the weight, it says 11.5 for you I know you can make do with stock springs but you would be surprised how much better you would feel with a spring for yourself. I have a spring another bike that was for 230 lbs let me do some research to see if its same length and all other dimensions to see if it will fit a L and ill let you know maybe i can dump it off to ya and help ya out a bit ill get back with you when i get the info

ya cool site. hey that would be killer man! :thumbsup:

• Jayzonk

Posted July 12, 2007 - 04:12 PM

I'm 210lbs.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AlbinoPig

Posted July 14, 2007 - 07:29 PM

Modify your seat.

Take the cover off of the foam.
Use an electric carving knife to sculpt the foam to the shape you want.
Take the pieces to an upholstery shop and have tham modify the old cover to make it fit the new shape.

Even though there is less foam, I think the modified seat is more comfortable.
It works like I gained about one and a half inches of leg length and can now tippietoe with BOTH feet at the same time when I am stopped.

• Denn10

Posted July 16, 2007 - 05:54 AM

I'm 210lbs.

Jay if you wanna lower it i would save your $$ for the lowering bracket, if you cant get it now, cuz if you losen the spring with your weight its gonna throw you around.

Related Content

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.