To tall

6 replies to this topic

Posted April 19, 2000 - 10:29 AM

Proud owmer of WR400, great bike only problem is I need tips on how to get closer to the ground 'apart from falling off'
I need to know the best mechanical options for lowering the bike.
Any useful contacts would be appreciated, along with costs involved.

[This message has been edited by DAVID BULMER (edited 04-19-2000).]

• Nathan_In_So_Cal

Posted April 19, 2000 - 02:22 PM

Call Scotts Performance for lowering
they can help you get your suspension set up right

Nathan Apelbaum
99 WR400F
97 YZF1000
99 400EX
95 RA1100

• Chuckles

Posted April 19, 2000 - 02:24 PM

Lower the forks in the triple clamp. Get a spaner wrench and loosen the large bolt on the rear shock, move it up a bit. You may also soften the dampners on the front and rear depending on if you are a woods, desert, or moto-cross rider.

Thats all the 'no-money' fixes I can think of. You may also try shorter/softer fork springs.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Damian

Posted April 19, 2000 - 10:57 PM

Should be a spacer in the forks that can be removed. Also, a thin spacer can be installed in the shock to stop it expanding out to full length, but this should be done in a shop, hence a few $. Had mine lowered about 25mm. Works fine.

• Darren_Santilli

Posted April 22, 2000 - 10:07 AM

Get some platform shoes....short arse

Posted April 22, 2000 - 11:06 PM

Posted April 22, 2000 - 11:16 PM

Thanks Darren for your comments. I have not tried platforms, however I attempted to use some stiletto's but the heels kept breaking off. I have heard you can get a nice heel in Cuba. See you at the Hare and Hounds race on Sunday. Numbers are as follows: Paul 222 riding a WR400 00, sporting AXO apparel, wearing clear body armour, Darren 221 riding a WR400, sporting AXO apparel, wearing ..... body armour, deja'vu. The scrutineer's will have fun and games with the mud munching twins.

[This message has been edited by DAVID BULMER (edited 04-23-2000).]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.