Broken carby slide

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 21, 2000 - 06:53 PM

Yep. Broken carby slide. It's happened to mine as well at about 5300km.(98 model).
First sign of trouble was the revs would not drop back to idle. About 1 km later, I stopped the bike and it would not restart, so I roll started it. talk about an awlfull noise in the top end. Naturally, stopped it immediately. Luckily, there was no piston or bore damage. But I am still $600 out of pocket.
A letter is on its way to Yamaha, as this sort of thing should not happen.
Any one know if the slide (throttle valve plate) has been redesigned or recalled anywhere?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mcarp

Posted April 21, 2000 - 08:17 PM

What year is your bike and what years has been known to crack this slide? I have heard of 98's doing this. Hopefully this has been fixed in the 2000 model.

• JamesD

Posted April 22, 2000 - 05:45 AM

I think one of the changes listed for the '00 model is a new carb.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.