250f or 450f?

No replies to this topic
  • tarmac_terrorist

Posted July 09, 2007 - 10:50 AM

Apologies if this has been done to death.

I posted on another forum that i am intending to buy a wr450f for green laning / trail riding in the UK. According to one knowlegable bloke, i should re-consider, as.....

Green laning in the UK, in my opinion, requires a bike that gives you much finesse from low revs, and a wallop of torque from tickover for when you misjudge a slow obstacle. You do not want the rear wheel to spin up too fast when you are climbing through a mire, and you want a setup that means that you can use mid revs sometimes, so that when it does spin up, it does not do it too harshly. In this respect, a bike that gets a bit breathless at the top might well do what you wnat more easily when the grip drops away.

I may be doing the WR a disservice, but this just does not sound like what it was meant to do.

So then, do i buy the 250f or 450f?

Heres a youtube vid, showing what the terrain is like, in my part of the world

Thanks.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.