Anyone have a YZ seat for sale?

8 replies to this topic
  • mcarp

Posted April 19, 2000 - 07:40 PM

Looking for YZ400-46 seat or even just the seat plastic base.

Will pay a fair price and shipping.
I posted this the YZ site as well.

Also looking for who and where I can get the seat base (besides yamaha) if there are no sellers.

Please help!!!

• Bill

Posted April 20, 2000 - 02:34 AM

IMS has the complete seat for $125.00. I just ordered one from my WR, got a used YZ tank (thanks, Kevin in NH). I believe they also carry the seat in components.

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards.

• Gordon

Posted April 20, 2000 - 04:36 AM

You can get the seat bottom from IMS for $40.00. I ordered the seat foam and cover from Gutts. They have 4 different seat foams. The have the standard height, standard height soft, 1" taller standard, and 1" taller soft. I elected for the cushy ride. It cost about $100.00 for the foam and cover.

• mcarp

Posted April 20, 2000 - 05:11 AM

Thanks, guys, I am calling IMS for the base, and want the nice guts cover and foam!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 20, 2000 - 06:14 PM

Man I wish I never would have read this post. I spent $150 to get the plastic base (came with the foam and seat cover) and had to buy tall seat foam and longer seat cover. Total I think I spent about $250 just to have a tall YZ seat. $40 from IMS? Man I got screwed! Oh well, live and learn.

------------------
Darin from Missouri WR400F Pro-Tapers, Applied TC, Clarke 3.3, YZ seat, Scotts Shark Fin, FMF PC IV S.A., One Industries Hannah Retro Kit, WER Steering Dampner,Pacemaker Computer, Andrews Powder Coating-painted gloss black

• mcarp

Posted April 20, 2000 - 06:24 PM

I did order the IMS base-$43.50 including shipping. Also ordered the Guts Standard soft seat foam w/ competition grippy cover. $99. It looks like the best cover out there, we'll see. I'm 6'0", but didn't want the tall foam.

Total cost

$100 Used tank from Darin House (thanks!)
$43 IMS Base
$99 Foam and cover
$15 Petcock since YZ tank doesn't have one-Any suggestions ?? :)
Acerbis? Anyone have one for sale?
-------
$258

• mcarp

Posted April 20, 2000 - 06:26 PM

Oh, thanks for all the suggestions, everyone.! :)

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted April 21, 2000 - 02:14 AM

Mike,
All the hardware from my WR tank bolted right up to the YZ tank, i.e. petcock, cap, tank mounts.

• mcarp

Posted April 21, 2000 - 01:10 PM

I still need a petcock as I may swap the tanks back and forth for the long dist treks a few times per year. Maybe someone with a Pingel (higher flow petcock)has one sitting around?

I know a lot of companies sell them, any recommendations on one over the other?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.