2000 WR400 For Sale

7 replies to this topic
  • Chuckles

Posted April 19, 2000 - 09:34 PM

Very low miles. First $5200 takes bike. I'm in Hillsboro OR. 503-690-0231 Leave message, I'll call back.

• Chuckles

Posted April 19, 2000 - 02:25 PM

C'mon... Its one of the best bikes around !! Nearly 1000 off the new price... Somebody has to want it... :) HURRY

• Heywood

Posted April 19, 2000 - 03:14 PM

Hey Chuckles:

Why are you getting rid of your WR?

Part of the reason you don't get much reaction here is that most of us already own Wr's. I am trying to convince some of my friends to try dual sporting, but none have commited yet....

• Chuckles

Posted April 19, 2000 - 03:40 PM

Heywood, I have a 96 RMX 250 and a 00 KDX220 as well. I can't ride them all at once :D and I could use the money for other things.

I find I enjoy the KDX of all the bikes because of my riding style and the terrain out this way. I am a smaller rider (5'7" 165) and I like to have a light bike to kick around. The WR IS NOT a light bike. I found it to be a bear in the woods at times. I installed a 13 tooth countersprocket, which is better, but I can go so much faster (at least it feels like it..) through the woods on one of the 2-strokes. Somebody else may think differently then me. In fact there are many who think the WR is the ultimite woods bike. Seems more suited to desert riding to me. I could probobly give it more of a chance, but I've made up my mind. I had some fun on it, but its just not "suited" to me.

I only put 88 miles on it. Mostly tight trails, very little fire roads. We don't have any open stuff out here, but I imagine it would preform outstanding if there was. The only changes I made to the bike were the sprocket, removed the baffle and the air-box cover, and installed new bars, grips, and handgaurds. The bike is mostly still stock. A few scratches. I broke it in nice and easy up to about 15 miles, took it for a short "real-ride" then changed the oil and filter. I guess its due again. The bike is in perfect condition minus some scratches on the plastic.

IF ANY OF YOUR FRIENDS WANT A BIKE TELL THE TO CONTACT ME :) Its a good deal and I'm trying to sell the bike without paying for advertising, which shouldn't be too hard.

Laters

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chuckles

Posted April 19, 2000 - 03:43 PM

Oh and maybe one of you guys with a 98 or 99 want to upgrade ?!?!? wink wink ... hint hint :)

• Utahmotoman

Posted April 19, 2000 - 04:58 PM

Hey Chuckles, sounds like a killer deal. How far are you from Salt Lake City? I may just have to make a first time trip to Oregon, or maybe I could invite you down for the weekend?

• JamesD

Posted April 19, 2000 - 07:26 PM

I've forwarded the info to a couple friends that are looking for bikes.

• Chuckles

Posted April 19, 2000 - 10:15 PM

Thanks JamesD !!

Utahmotoman - its quite the hike. About 720 miles. You would be quite the man if you could pull it off in one day. I guestimate that is 12 hours of driving (yuck).

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.