Tim, how did the trailer hold up

2 replies to this topic
  • Dougie

Posted April 18, 2000 - 05:20 PM

Hey Tim,

It was great to meet you and Chris and to get a chance to ride with you. Definatley hope we can hook up again sometime out there. We'll be back in Moab over Memorial weekend.

Did you find anyone to fix that wheel bearing? Did it hold up for you? Just wanted to make sure you made it back alright.

Thanks for help on my broken brake lever. What a stupid design huh?

------------------
Dougie, '99 WR400
Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • offroadhaus

Posted April 20, 2000 - 05:42 AM

Dougie!
Thanks for the concern. The bearing blew out and we are still stuck here somewhere in southern Utah...
Actually some little old man at Big O tires sold us some new parts and ended up doing the installation for us for free. The bearing came out in about 75 different pieces, so its good we caught it when we did.
We had a fantastic time with you guys. I am glad we were able to meet all you boys. I hope we can plan a ride soon, I am looking into Memorial weekend, and I'll keep you posted.
I've got some pretty good pics of our ride here if you haven't already seen them. How was Kane Creek? I am looking forward to hearing about your ride on Saturday!

Tim www.utahmoto.com

• Dougie

Posted April 20, 2000 - 04:36 PM

Awesome pics Tim. You are sneaky with that thing. I didn't even know you were taking half those pictures. I think it paints a great picture of what Moab is all about.

Saturday was great. I had a much better day. No falls and on a rail (of course Sunday found me back on the ground a couple of times in Rabbit Valley CO).

Remember how much trouble Dave had putting on that new rear tire Friday evening? Well we just finished Flat Pass and was heading to Pritchett Canyon on the back roads and he comes to a complete sudden stop. It came off it's bead and popped off the rim. Luckily we were only 100 yards from 191. Bryan rode back and picked up his truck. Dave loaded the bike and took it to Fred's who put a new one on for him and trued his wheel. We rode Pritchett then went back for Dave. Pounded some chilli cheeseburgers and finished up on Kane Creek. That is the trail for YZ timing. I thoroughly enjoyed that trail as I always do. Boy did we get wet though. Love those creek crossings.

Keep me informed on Memorial weekend. We'll be there Thurs through Monday. Bryan will be there for Saturday's ride. Which I'm sure will consist of Kane Creek (his favorite).

------------------
Dougie, '99 WR400
Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.