Insuring a Dirtbike against theft???Can it be done?

8 replies to this topic
  • Larry_Bond

Posted February 21, 2002 - 03:33 PM


Does anybody have their dirtbike insured against theft. If so can you give me the name of your insurance company and a number to call. I thought i could cover my WR426 under my renters/homeowners policy but apparently they will not do this. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!

  • Rich_in_Orlando

Posted February 21, 2002 - 03:47 PM


I pay about $7 a month through State Farm for theft, vandalism and liability insurance for my WR.


Posted February 21, 2002 - 03:56 PM


Larry I have framers incs, my bike is coverd for fire and theft.

  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted February 21, 2002 - 04:39 PM


USAA - bikes are under my automobile policy. Homeowners doesn't cover them.


Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • skthom2320

Posted February 21, 2002 - 05:05 PM


Progressive also insures in Texas -> 1-800-Auto-Pro

  • okieguy

Posted February 22, 2002 - 04:29 AM


Be sure to check into adding medical payments, works just like on your auto insurance except does not cover you if in a race.

Mine pays up to $5000 with no deductible for medical expenses and was only $23 a year.

Sure helps out if you have big deductibles and copays on your medical insurance.


  • xrracer36

Posted February 22, 2002 - 05:22 AM


anybody know of a insurance company in pennsylvania that will insure bikes.. i didn't check with my parents company (house and our cars), but i probably will, but any leads would help... i don't knwo if you can even get them covered in PA???

  • lewichris

Posted February 22, 2002 - 06:06 AM


progressive will i am sure. Try state farm. But it would be cheapest on your parentel units insurance. Really cheap. But if smoeone stole my bike i could get a new one as it is paid for so steal it someone i will leave the garadge unlocked. LOL Just kidding

  • dieseld

Posted February 22, 2002 - 07:50 AM


Make it street legal, and your auto policy carrier shouldn't ask for anything more than if you got another car. I have USAA and I pay about $50 every 6 mo. for full coverage. I rarely put the lights and Baja Designs kit on, but it's nice to know it's covered if it's stolen from my garage or camp.



Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.