Moab trip MVP

21 replies to this topic
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted April 20, 2000 - 11:06 AM

Boy if I go, what should I wear????

And I'll have to change all my suspension settings...Oh, woe is me!!

If you have never experienced navy humor, it may shock you, or it may not! Look at it this way, on the boat guys would slap your ass for comraderie sake. Outsiders raise their eyebrows in question, thinking the unthinkable. But us submariners would exploit it and joke about it. But that's OK. It was all for fun. Look, you are locked up in a black sewer pipe, hundreds of feet underwater for 3 months straight...That ain't normal!! I am the walking result of that! I just have a unique, dry (but wholesome) sense of humor.
I am kind of locked in my schedule at work. I work a rotating shift that is in concrete. If I can make it, my vacation starts at 8am October 4th and goes until Sunday October 15. I work swings on the following Monday.
Unfortunately I have few options other than to quit, which isn't a real bad idea. How long can I collect unemployment and is it a lucrative job (un-job??)....??

[This message has been edited by Kevin in New Hampshire (edited 04-21-2000).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dougie

Posted April 20, 2000 - 05:39 PM

Vincent, tires get chewed up pretty bad. By the end of the week I was all over the place. No traction at all. The smart guys bring new ones and change during the weekend. Never tired lions back. Not worth the extra cash you have to pay to go up it. Slick rock is a much better challenge. Besides all I can remember is that video of that jeep losing it's brakes and crashing down Lion's back. No problem on the roads. We ride through town all the time, just very gingerly. No wheelies and no reving the engines. We usually will go back through town for gas and then hit the next trail.

Hey, I am hooking up for a weekend with some old high school buddies in Alburquerque around Aug. 13th. They'll be flying in from all over, I was thinking of driving down with my WR for some riding out there. Make them envious. Is there any trail riding around Alby? Where would you suggest?

Dougie, '99 WR400
Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.