wr450

24 replies to this topic
  • Bandit9

Posted July 13, 2007 - 07:02 PM

The YZ would still rip his arms off, the WR is pretty smooth, if he wrapped his hand around the throttle it *could* throw him off. It also depends on what year though. I think 03 and up are way to fast for trails. imho

Have you ever rode one set up for woods work on the trails?

• xr250ryder

Posted July 14, 2007 - 10:56 AM

I've ridden one with a flywheel weight, it still hit pretty hard when you got to the power band. It was a fun ride I will admit, but this guy is looking for something a little tamer I think.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bandit9

Posted July 16, 2007 - 08:08 AM

Yeah, you could really make the YZ tame and easy to ride with a little modification. Add a G2 Throttle cam, 2 base gaskets, and slightly retard the timing, along with a heavy 13oz Steahly Flywheel weight. It might take him a few rides to get used to it, but after a while he will.

My main point is that he will never find a 4 stroke that will handle like a 2 stroke will in the woods.

Or he could just get a KDX 220. Probably pretty cheap. Those are great trail bikes that are easy to ride, reliable, and pretty fast if the rider wants to go fast.

• xr250ryder

Posted July 16, 2007 - 12:40 PM

Yeah, you could really make the YZ tame and easy to ride with a little modification. Add a G2 Throttle cam, 2 base gaskets, and slightly retard the timing, along with a heavy 13oz Steahly Flywheel weight. It might take him a few rides to get used to it, but after a while he will.

My main point is that he will never find a 4 stroke that will handle like a 2 stroke will in the woods.

Or he could just get a KDX 220. Probably pretty cheap. Those are great trail bikes that are easy to ride, reliable, and pretty fast if the rider wants to go fast.

I agree 100% the YZ's are VERY nimble. But their kinda like a rocket, even with a flywheel weight, but I don't know how many oz it was. Id prob get one if I didn't have the WR right now.

• byggd

Posted July 16, 2007 - 01:00 PM

I ride a wr426 and my buddy rides a yz250. We ride in arrowhead and some of the black dimonds are REALLY tight. He likes his yz but then he's ridden them for 15 years. Me, I like my thumper. He has to keep it wound up while I can just twist the right grip a little and thump up just about anything.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.