Team Scream "A Bike" recent Mods

21 replies to this topic
  • TeamScream

Posted July 08, 2007 - 04:51 PM

Here are some pics I took today of the A-Bike.
Recent mods include SuperMoto front fender, (2005)YZF rear fender, under fender license plate bracket and the 2007 WR450 tail light.
I had my buddy machine up a polypropylene mounting bracket on his CNC machine that the rear tail light mounts to, that bracket is then bonded to the rear fender with a special 3M bond that works with polypropylene.
The tail light unit then bolts onto the bracket and allowed me to avoid drilling through the fender to mount the tail light unit, that way the rear fender graphics sit flush and look much nicer.
The license plate bracket is made from round aluminum bar stock with a flat welded onto it (off center) so that the license plate hangs vertical when mounted, it pivots freely so in the event the rear tire comes up high enough to hit it, it will rotate out of the way.
The rear fender works because of the 2005 bodywork swap, which is super cool, no additional work required.
Let me know what you think.
Remember this bike was born as a 2001 WR426F (sex change)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• mcflzwr450f

Posted July 08, 2007 - 08:12 PM

Man...That bike is just off the hook, every time I look at that bike it just makes me want to go buy some parts for mine. :thumbsup: :busted: :cheers:
That is a sick bike :bonk: :thumbsup:

• xrmarty

Posted July 08, 2007 - 10:02 PM

Awsome!!! I love the black finish on the motor. How did you do that?

• ISBB

Posted July 09, 2007 - 02:12 PM

Now all you need is the 07 headlight.. :thumbsup:

• KJ790

Posted July 09, 2007 - 02:21 PM

That bike looks great! That license plate holder doesn't hit the tire when the suspension compresses and leave black marks when it rubs the tire?

• dmoney1074

Posted July 09, 2007 - 03:28 PM

Im SSOOOOO glad you finally chose to go with new fenders. Those old ones were a disgrace to the bike. Now this bike IS the hottest bike on TT!!!!!!!!!

• TeamScream

Posted July 09, 2007 - 04:17 PM

Im SSOOOOO glad you finally chose to go with new fenders. Those old ones were a disgrace to the bike. Now this bike IS the hottest bike on TT!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Dmoney,
You have to keep in mind that I was originally going for the WR look so that rear fender was part of that look, the front fender never bothered me, It was a bit old school and I really did not like the Acerbis fenders at all on other peoples bikes but when I put it on this bike it looked pretty good so now I am glad I made the switch.

Hey KJ790:
The license plate has not hit the fender yet, but keep in mind I don't really jump this one so the rear does not compress enough to hit the plate.

• Murray Dorward

Posted July 10, 2007 - 07:41 AM

You have put a lot of time and TLC into this bike, bike looks stunning !!!
:thumbsup: :busted: :thumbsup: :cheers: :bonk: :lol:

Cheers

Muz
:lol: :lol: :lol:

• yz-dwg

Posted July 10, 2007 - 07:52 AM

AWSOME!!!! lets see the right side

• markturbo

Posted July 10, 2007 - 07:55 AM

Great job! Hard to believe it's a 2001

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PaulButler

Posted July 10, 2007 - 08:47 AM

Very Cool..!

• dirtrider04

Posted July 10, 2007 - 07:12 PM

holly shit

• freestyle250

Posted July 15, 2007 - 07:19 PM

I want to powder coat my frame just like you've done, how much did that cost? If you don't mind my asking. And how many hours of labor to get that thing ready for powder coat.

• TeamScream

Posted July 15, 2007 - 08:55 PM

I want to powder coat my frame just like you've done, how much did that cost? If you don't mind my asking. And how many hours of labor to get that thing ready for powder coat.

It doesnt take many hours to prep it if you take it to a place that does the whole process there in house.
A good powder coat place will bake the parts to remove any oil, then sand blast everything, and then powder coat them.
YOU need to make sure you tell them to mask off ALL bearing surfaces, all tapped holes and anything you dont want coated.
If you are doing the swingarm, then make sure they dont coat the inside where the bearings go and so on.

The major work happens when you get it back from powder coat.
Thats where you will want to run a tap to chase the threads of EVERY tapped hole on the frame, if you are doing an earlier bike like mine, with oil in the frame, you will want to use hot water (straight out of the water heater hose fitting) and simple green to flush the oil tank and oil passages.
I spent a few hours flushing, brushing, high pressure hot water, simple green, more flushing, more brushing until I was absolutely convinced there was ZERO trace of sand in the oil tank PERIOD.

I probably went way overboard but better safe than sorry, I have done this 3 times now so I am way used to it now and have a system down.
Use foam ear plugs for the oil line holes to keep the crap out of those areas when you assemble the bike, tape the crap out of the frame when you put the engine in to keep from scratching anything, chase every hole with a tap, blow it out with air, etc etc etc.

• Alternative

Posted July 15, 2007 - 10:23 PM

Now all you need to do is paint the gear change lever blue. :thumbsup:

• SXP

Posted July 16, 2007 - 02:35 PM

Nice! Show us the right side of the bike too. Thanks :thumbsup:

• lixno

Posted July 23, 2007 - 06:55 AM

Awesome bike you have there man! It's very rare to see such a good work. I am very interested to know how did you paint the forks black?!

• maydog

Posted July 28, 2007 - 11:57 AM

:cool: now that's how it done good job bother:applause:

• Mutu

Posted July 28, 2007 - 01:16 PM

That sure is one slick looking bike man!
Hows the bike go with the shorty muffler?

• SXP

Posted July 28, 2007 - 01:20 PM

What's that "ring" around the end of the muffler?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.