New to me 650l

10 replies to this topic
  • Reno911

Posted July 08, 2007 - 12:53 PM

Hi guys, I am a long time lurker on this site and I can proudly say that I am a owner of a 650l because of this site. I have wanted one for years and I came across one finally. My buddy had a 93 650l and told me that he was ready to drive it off a cliff. I asked him what the problem was and it sounded like a CDI problem. So, he sold it to me for $500 bucks and I went and bought a CDI from Honda and Viola! problem gone!. I am so stoked because my buddy put all kinds of modifications on it and now it is mine! WOOT! Well, happy to be here now as a owner!:thumbsup:

• MXkid714

Posted July 08, 2007 - 01:00 PM

Congrats! :thumbsup: Welcome to Thumpertalk

• murgatroid42

Posted July 08, 2007 - 03:56 PM

Your buddy is going to be mad at you, but it's his fault for not reading Thumpertalk enough to find out about the CDI problem. Especially when he sees you riding the bike and having a good time. :thumbsup:

• wheelnut46

Posted July 08, 2007 - 04:01 PM

Ride by his house and blow the horn until he comes out. Before he reaches you, ride around slowly and explain to him that you'd love to stop and talk but YOUR new bike runs so damned good that it just wont stop.
BUWAHAHAHA

:busted: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

• Reno911

Posted July 08, 2007 - 05:03 PM

I actually called him after I fixed it and told him. He seemed pretty bummed, so I asked him if he wanted to buy it back. I didn't want to screw over a good friend.....anyway, he told me that he could still never trust it, so he let me keep it. I have put about 2000 miles on it with no problems whatsoever. And all the problem was a bad CDI. Ya for me. Thanks TT

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted July 09, 2007 - 12:49 PM

nice! i love my 650L. you in reno? im in dayton. welcome!!:thumbsup:

• GIANTac1

Posted July 09, 2007 - 09:01 PM

Hi guys, I am a long time lurker on this site and I can proudly say that I am a owner of a 650l because of this site. I have wanted one for years and I came across one finally. My buddy had a 93 650l and told me that he was ready to drive it off a cliff. I asked him what the problem was and it sounded like a CDI problem. So, he sold it to me for $500 bucks and I went and bought a CDI from Honda and Viola! problem gone!. I am so stoked because my buddy put all kinds of modifications on it and now it is mine! WOOT! Well, happy to be here now as a owner!:thumbsup:

Nice score! Welcome to TT!:thumbsup:

• Reno911

Posted July 10, 2007 - 06:52 AM

nice! i love my 650L. you in reno? im in dayton. welcome!!:thumbsup:

Ya, I am in Reno, we have to meet up for a nice ride sometime!

• Huffa 2

Posted July 10, 2007 - 07:10 AM

Welcome to TT and LETS SEE IT!! :thumbsup:

What mods are on it ?

• martinfan30

Posted July 10, 2007 - 08:44 AM

Ya, I am in Reno, we have to meet up for a nice ride sometime!

ya buddy!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :busted:

• Motosprtman

Posted July 10, 2007 - 12:39 PM

change the oilf and keep the filters clean and it will run forever.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.