YZ tank question

1 reply to this topic
  • mcarp

Posted April 17, 2000 - 08:57 PM

I have a '00 WR, and want to replace the seat/tank. My question is: will the radiator shrouds fit a '99 stock YZ tank perfectly?

Also who makes the most comfortable seat foam for the YZ seat? Guts racing? Thumper? It can be a little taller, but by no more than 1 inch. Also can anyone recommend a cover? Does the extra gripping covers hinder movement?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted April 17, 2000 - 10:15 PM

I bolted up my rad guards right up on the YZ tank. The YZ/WR rad guards are identical. I have the IMS seat which has CEET seat foam. The cover is very similiar to stock except there is an IMS logo on the side of the seat. I was using a high grip seat cover on my CR. I found it was DESTROYING the seat of my MX pants. The seat covers have changed, but I don't know if that part of them changed. I found my grippy seat cover did hinder movement. I had to get accustomeed to it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.