performance design lowering link

3 replies to this topic
  • white line

Posted July 08, 2007 - 10:29 AM

i just received a new lowering link and want to install and not lower the front. performance design says if i lower both the rear and front then i have to cut the stand down. has anyone not lowered the front and been ok? it lowers it between an 1"- 1 1/2", don't reall want to cut stand ,but i want the handling to be ok too. thanks

• Billahjack

Posted July 09, 2007 - 05:09 PM

Your bike will feel like a chopper and turn slow if you don't lower the front end. However, you might feel a little bit better straight line stability at high speed choppered out.

Are you referring to the kick-stand that you will have to cut? I would think that the bike kick stand would still work with only a 1.5" drop because I can almost sit on mine with the kick stand down which is probably 3" of sag since the kick stand is bearing some of the weight.

How tall are you? Which bike is this for?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumpin hard

Posted July 09, 2007 - 05:45 PM

i just received a new lowering link and want to install and not lower the front. performance design says if i lower both the rear and front then i have to cut the stand down. has anyone not lowered the front and been ok? it lowers it between an 1"- 1 1/2", don't reall want to cut stand ,but i want the handling to be ok too. thanks

i have a xr650l and i hated the handling in the dirt..bad front end wash,too tall etc...i lowered mine with a kouba link the same amount and tried lowering the forks and leaving them stock,i think it handles much better in the dirt and tight now i have street tires on it and i can ride the crud out if it. i am waiting for my fork brace as it is really unstable in loose stuff..the forks have way too much flex..try it by itself,you will notice it will sag more and you may have to adjust the sag or even respring..i am 160 lbs and it ws perfect for me.:thumbsup:

• white line

Posted July 09, 2007 - 07:27 PM

thanks for the replies, i am 6' tall 30" in seam , 225lbs and i have the xr650l
i will change it front and back and then see about the kick stand cut. i can test drive it along the changes to see the effect. i do have the frok brace and i for one believe they work

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.