Gas cap exhaust/breather tube

2 replies to this topic
  • Scott

Posted April 17, 2000 - 07:17 AM

This may be extremely fundamental, BUT...

While riding yesterday, all of a sudden, my bike started coughing and chugging like crazy. This coughing was random, but would cause the bike to die.

Long story short - I realized that the breather tube coming out of the gas cap was simply being pinched by my handlebar pad. I removed my square pad and presto, tube wasn't pinched anymore. Bike ran fine after that. :D

Like I said, this may be awfully fundamental, but for the mechanically challenged like myself, this coughing and sputtering scared the hell out of me. :)

Ride on!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mcarp

Posted April 17, 2000 - 02:25 PM

I had the same problem, however it was mud clogging my carb vent hoses. It sputtered and missed until I shook out the mud mid-ride. It clogged again towards the end of the ride (lot's of mud, hehe).

• Scott

Posted April 18, 2000 - 08:00 AM

I'll have to remember that one too. Thanks!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.