just installed Thumper rad guards

No replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 17, 2000 - 06:10 PM

There's been a some discussion if the Thumper radiator guards fit the 2000' model wr. I just installed them on my 00', and they fit fine. Some comments:

-you have to put the included little plastic spacers between the guard and the radiator. This is because the guard is for the YZ originally.
-the included bolts are too short when used with the spacer, they fit the yz only. You'll have to buy longer 6mm bolts, I used 6*35mm with standard hex head.
-after the guard is in place, the radiator shroud lower mounting bolt is too short. (the guard is in the way). I used the now spare original radiator mounting bolt. It's a bit long but does the job.

Interestingly when I ordered the guards from Baja, the salesman insisted they don't carry them, and tried to sell me the small Works Connections guards. Thanks to this list I knew better and he finally went to ask someone else and had to admit they do have them!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.