DSP pipe and jetting - WR400 99

No replies to this topic
  • spunalot

Posted July 07, 2007 - 06:26 PM

OK, I purchased a DSP race pipe, I also purchased the JD kit. I have a 99 WR400 in excellent shape. The pipe manufacturer says for a yz 400 to use a 180 main and a 48 pilot, there were no WR recommended jeting specs. 180 sounds to big? Did the yz400 use the same carb?

Well the only jet close that came in to JD bigger was a 170. So I tried to run a 170 with the 45 pilot and the JD blue at #4. It will not idle. To start the bike I would have to choke the bike and hold the throttle all the way open. If I let the throttle all the way off well riding it just stalls dead.

I bought 2 pilots from from a shop and they looked the same but were to big. It was running perfect before the jet and pipe change. I think I need a bigger pilot jet to get it to idle. Anyone have any thoughts ?Anyone know a place online to buy jets for that carb?

ok I found plenty of pepple selling pitot jets online but non list the WR as a model Can anyone tell me the part number for the pilot jet used in the 99 wr?
Thanks for your time.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.