YZ tank available

4 replies to this topic
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted April 16, 2000 - 11:29 AM

A while back, I happened upon two YZ400 tanks for sale. I snagged them both up knowing someone could use my second YZ tank. I had promised Jason in the Northern Territory the tank and was planning on bringing it out when I visited Mitch in OZ (scheduled for April 19 departure). The trip fell through, TEMPORARILY, and I'd like to get rid of this tank. I know you wanted it Bill, but after I loaded some virus into my computer, I lost all e-mail, addresses, internet access, even my printer (&%$#@!??). After re-formatting, my PC is fat. Are you Bill, or anyone else in the lower 48 interested in this thing? I'll ship it anywhere in the U.S. $100 will cover everything. My loss is your gain.

------------------
99 WR, 84 Kaw 900 Ninja, '82 Honda CB750F clothes hanger, '84 Honda Z50 "Berm Destroyer". Always thinkin' "Hell, this worked on my 2 stroke!!"

[This message has been edited by Kevin in New Hampshire (edited 04-16-2000).]

• mcarp

Posted April 16, 2000 - 01:09 PM

Is this a stock or aftermarket tank? How many gallons if aftermarket? What color is it? Good shape?

I am VERY interested!!

Mike Carpenter
mcarp@ds.net
614/799-1671

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted April 16, 2000 - 02:31 PM

This is the OEM YZ tank. Capacity I assume is ~2 gallons. There are no stickers on it. It looks like it had a day of riding w/ no stickers, i.e. the fine scratches on it that you see on your own tank.

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted April 16, 2000 - 04:29 PM

The tank is as good as sold.

Bill you have first dibs, followed by Mike.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 16, 2000 - 05:27 PM

Hey Mike, I can get you one if you want it (a stock 99 YZ400 tank), my buddy has one he wants to sell. I think he said he would take $100. I would have to check. Of course it wouldnt have the mounting hardware (including petcock) beacuse all that stuff is on his new tank. If anyone is intrested let me know and I will get with him on it.

------------------
Darin from Missouri WR400F Pro-Tapers, Applied TC, Clarke 3.3, YZ seat, Scotts Shark Fin, FMF PC IV S.A., One Industries Hannah Retro Kit, WER Steering Dampner,Pacemaker Computer, Andrews Powder Coating-painted gloss black

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.