Need to smooth out fork action on my '04

3 replies to this topic
  • hutcher

Posted July 07, 2007 - 03:38 PM

I have a 2004 450F that I love, but the fork action continues to be harsh no matter where I set the clickers. What can I do to smooth out the fork action? Any suggestions?

• KJ790

Posted July 07, 2007 - 04:19 PM

Get them revalved. Best money you can spend on a bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ben_suhard

Posted July 07, 2007 - 08:41 PM

Harsh on small or big stuff? Bottoming harshly? You're adjusting the bottom clickers, yeah? What are your rebound clickers set at(How many turns out?)? Have you tried changing the oil height?

• grayracer513

Posted July 07, 2007 - 10:37 PM

The single chamber KYB's are apparently quite a challenge. Your best bet is a complete revalve, but here's something that may help.

The clickers are basically an adjustable pressure bleed for the valves. But on the KYB SC's, the rebound clicker bleeds not only the rebound valve, but also the mid-valve (compression). If you have a problem with harshness over small stuff and the edges of potholes and stuff, you might try backing off on the rebound clickers by 2-3.

Run the oil level as low as you can get by with without having the fork fade from foaming, around 110-120mm has worked for me.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.