I want a YZ125

2 replies to this topic
  • jasonmcc

Posted April 16, 2000 - 02:53 AM

I think I have made a bit of a wrong choice in buying the wr400. I purchased this bike because a mate bought a 00' xr400 at the same time and I made myself think that we would do a lot of trail riding. It has turned out that most of the riding I do is on motox or stadium motox style tracks. I have just been on a 2 day off road riding accademy course at the local mx track and have I think I should of bought a yz125. I am short and weigh only 70kg so I cant throw the wr around very good. I have started jumping my bike really good and clearing some good jumps but it all would be so much easier on a 125. What do you guys think? Is there anything I can do to make my bike more suited to a stadium motox style track (Tight track that is not very wide, with a lot of jumps)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chris_in_the_Mojave

Posted April 16, 2000 - 06:32 AM

I think you know the answer :D

If not, watch an Arenacross or Supercross on TV....you'll note no open bikes and no thumpers running in the 250 class. In that type of MX, light weight and QUICK bursts of power are what's needed....Sounds like a two stroke MX'er to me :)

------------------
Chris in the Mojave
'98 YZ400F

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted April 16, 2000 - 09:51 PM

Jason,
125's are fun to ride, but they are maintenance intensive. Pistons, rings, clutches and crank bearings will take a beating. I myself would go with a 250. There is much less wear and tear on an engine you don't have to scream to get from point A to point B.

------------------
99 WR, 84 Kaw 900 Ninja, '82 Honda CB750F clothes hanger, '84 Honda Z50 "Berm Destroyer". Always thinkin' "Hell, this worked on my 2 stroke!!"

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.