Paddle tires?

4 replies to this topic
  • ray_lebreton

Posted April 12, 2000 - 04:18 PM

what # of paddles should i put on my 00 wr. i was thinking about an 8. someone told me with the power the bike has i should run a 10 or more. what do you think?
P.S i am going to the dunes in oregon for the first time this may long weekend. has anybody been there? how is it?

• WR400_Jay

Posted April 12, 2000 - 05:04 PM

Ray...Stick with the 8 paddle you will like it better. The only people that are really able to carry the 10s' are the 500 two strokes and probably the new KTM 520 and the XR 650r. I remember reading about someone in the forum back in the fall saying that the 10 was too much. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoGreg

Posted April 12, 2000 - 06:45 PM

I had an 8 on and it was totally hooked up. Don't get the Chen-Shen!!! It won't fit, it's HUGE, the outside diameter of the tire is several inches bigger than the knobby. Spend a few bucks more and get the Scat-Track Hooker paddle, it's the same diameter as the knobby tire and it also slips right onto the rim due to the soft sidewall. The Cheng-Shen is a bitch to get on. Here's a link http://www.skat-trak.com/paddle.html

------------------
'99 WR400
'92 GSXR 7/11
Visit my photo album AT YOUR OWN RISK!! My photo album
Anyone here a sportbike fan also? Then visit us here at www.insanespeed.com

• Gordon

Posted April 13, 2000 - 03:33 AM

Ray I run a Scat Trac 9 paddle on mine. It pulls the 9 paddle no problem. You probably will have to have them make it for you. I think I only had to wait a few days. Costs around $65.00. Dont forget to pull your mud flap off or the paddle will shred it. Duct tape the back of your shock so it does not get sand blasted. The 9 paddle is alot of fun in the dunes. Wheelies at the slightest crack of the throttle. You will be floating the front tire instead of plowing. I run 5 pounds in front and 12 in the rear tire

• MotoGreg

Posted April 16, 2000 - 03:35 PM

Hey Ray, oops, I said 8 paddle in my post and I meant 10 paddle, must've been brain dead at the time. My friends xr400 uses a 8 and for some reason I must have been thinking of that one.

From what I've heard it's:
125's - 6 paddle
250's and xr400 - 8 paddle
yz/wr400 and xr600 - 10 paddle
cr/kx500 - 12 paddle

------------------
'99 WR400
'92 GSXR 7/11
Visit my photo album AT YOUR OWN RISK!! My photo album
Anyone here a sportbike fan also? Then visit us here at www.insanespeed.com

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.