Looking for taller seat

6 replies to this topic
  • The Italian Stallion

Posted July 07, 2007 - 09:49 AM

I am looking to buy a taller seat for my 06yz450 how tall should i go I am 6'2" 200lbs I ride mostly motocross so what density foam? I want to just buy it and bolt it on . I was looking for gutz site but had no luck.lLike I said I want to just bolt it on the last time I did a seat cover my friends nicknamed me Don.

• eissinger4

Posted July 07, 2007 - 10:01 AM

SDG makes a complete seat, but Guts doesn't yet. I have a Guts tall/soft on my 06 WR450, and it's a great seat, but it's a little TOO tall for me. I am 6'1, 175. I am going to be shaving it down this week. I really liked it at first, but the top of the tall seats are really narrow, so It gets pretty uncomfortable after riding for awhile. My 2c.

• Mike546

Posted July 07, 2007 - 05:12 PM

I just got an SDG for my 06 450f. I paid $99 from my local guy. The brackets at the back were a little tight but it went on without any mods. I'm 6'3" and it makes it so easy to go from sitting to standing when your approaching a jump or just sliding forward for a turn. I would highly recommend you get one. I was having a real problem with the front end pushing in the turns because I couldn't get up on the front of the seat and it even seems to have helped me there too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The Italian Stallion

Posted July 09, 2007 - 06:41 PM

I just got an SDG for my 06 450f. I paid $99 from my local guy. The brackets at the back were a little tight but it went on without any mods. I'm 6'3" and it makes it so easy to go from sitting to standing when your approaching a jump or just sliding forward for a turn. I would highly recommend you get one. I was having a real problem with the front end pushing in the turns because I couldn't get up on the front of the seat and it even seems to have helped me there too.

Thanks bros I am sold the way you described it is exactly how i feel How higheris it than stock?

• Mike546

Posted July 10, 2007 - 02:08 AM

I think it's only about an inch but it takes the valley out of the seat. It's wide too, very comfortable.

• Ga426owner

Posted July 10, 2007 - 04:57 AM

I have both SDG and the Gutz http://gutsracing.com/
The Gutz is much better. They offer foam densities from soft, medium to hard. You just send them your stock seat and they do the rest. I think medium is perfect, I tried both soft and medium. This is a higher quality product than SDG. Their seat covers are better - but I used a OneIndustries

The SDG tall is ok at best. The foam does breakdown faster...which means it gets harder and the brackets do not line up quite right and require some pounding on to fit correctly

Either way - a taller seat on a 06/07 will help you corner better as now it is easier to get out of the low dip/saddle of a stock seat and get your @$$ forward. I am 5"11 195lbs .... the taller you are the better the feel of a taller seat....thanks to the squatty dip in the center of the stock seat.

My preference is the Gutz - they both have very similar shape as the base is quite similar, but nothing fits as good as the original seat base. Price wise they are within 20.00 of each other if sold complete. If you buy the foam it is 50-60bucks and 40-45 for a seat cover...GYTR and everyone else makes seat covers. I do not do my own stapling...I have a tuner than does mine. He is much better than I am at installing the cover

a pic of the gutz

Posted Image

• The Italian Stallion

Posted July 10, 2007 - 03:13 PM

Thanks again gentlemen I put the order in today it should be here friday. Can't wait to try it out .

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.