knee pads and boots!

8 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 12, 2000 - 10:43 PM

i like the msr knee pad and shin pad combos that they have. they are made to fit for the left and the right knee, but the question i have is - can you wear dirt biking boots with pads that have the shin pad aswell? or if i'm getting boots should i just get the knee pads only? what do you guys out there wear for knee pads?

• Harold_in_So_Cal

Posted April 13, 2000 - 07:09 AM

I have Alpinestar boots and fox knee and shin pads. Before I tried them on, I thought this will be cumbersome. But after putting them both on, I've had no problems and the setup feels light. I like having the extra protection. Plus, having the shin guards helps to keep the entire piece from sliding around.

2000 WR

• Scott

Posted April 13, 2000 - 10:51 AM

I wear Fox Forma Boots and use the pivoting Fox knee/shin gaurds. Everything fits great and doesn't feel too bulky.

• Bill

Posted April 13, 2000 - 10:53 AM

In use some moose knee guards. They are inexpensive, fit fine under the boot, no pinching or sliding. I looked at the Fox Pivots but couldn't justify the price ( I didn't think I could get used to them after riding 20+ years without).

Have fun

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted April 13, 2000 - 02:32 PM

Alpinestar boots & the Moose Kneepads - combo works great. I had my mom add extra velcro patches to on the strap for more adjustment range & she also made up some 'sheepskin' covers for strap (like you see for a seat belt). This combo is sweet - thanks mom:-)

The only problem is that the Moose kneepads don't stay in place w/o my riding boots on.

• Steve_B

Posted April 13, 2000 - 05:59 PM

I ended up buying the Fox pivot kneepads.I'm just recovering from a fractured kneecap,so i wanted the best coverage.I wore Thor kneepads when i broke it.I dont think i would have broke it if i was wearing the pivots.

• ButtonFly

Posted April 13, 2000 - 07:16 PM

Steve, what did you do to your kneecap? I broke mine about two years ago, and I was wondering what excercises or therapy you were reccomended? I did PT for a while, but can't seem to kick the knee problem. It operates just fine mechanically, but audibly pops when lots of weight is on it and moving. I have been doing leg presses, extensions, and squats, and it is getting better, but who knows... thanks

• Steve_B

Posted April 13, 2000 - 08:30 PM

Buttonfly,i was out of work for two months and all i did was ride my stationary bike.Huge mistake.I work for UPS as a driver and i just went back last thursday.I had no strength in my leg.I had to wear my kneebrace for two days,very uncomfortable.Starting this week i'm going to do squats and whatever else i can think of.I'm still worried about riding too aggresively.Because of my job,if i get hurt,i cant work.

• Harry_in_Oz

Posted April 13, 2000 - 11:22 PM

The cheapest knee pads I found were inline skate pads from Kmart. No shin guard but a good secure attachment. Elbow guards are good too, again no forearm protector but lots better than nothing. If you don't have income insurance you at least need:
bark busters, knee pads and elbow pads. If you don't already have good boots and helmet you didn't buy all the bike.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.