Cycra Probend Handguards

11 replies to this topic
  • Stoy66

Posted July 07, 2007 - 08:28 AM

Has anyone installed these lately? I recieved mine the other day and wanted the heavier duty bar ends, so I ordered them from Cycra. I recieved a package yesterday from them and the bar ends are the same as the ones that were in the package. Since this is the weekend and Cycra is closed, can anyone advise if these are the new heavy duty bar ends? The ones I wanted were the one like in the MotoSport catalog (item on backorder)in which the whole bar end is knurled and the two pieces are cut on a bias and wedge together. The bar ends I recieved both times only have a small knurled area and don't look as HD as the others.

• Solo

Posted July 07, 2007 - 09:31 AM

I got a set the other day. I got two sets of bar ends. I would not call either one HD. One is like you described. The other is larger in diameter and has more knurled surface. Mine were for alloy bars and that may make a difference. Did you order for alloy or steel bars?

• JaysDirtyRide

Posted July 07, 2007 - 02:25 PM

I have a set of the Pro Bends on my '07 WR with Pro Taper bar...I gotta say...the Bark Busters put force on the bar ends sufficient to slowly work them out. I even have one of the bar end bolts bent because of the torsional force.

I tried several different installation angles and moved the control hardware around to help the angles...but nothing has really helped.

At this point, I'm looking at the triple clamp mount rather than the standard bar clamps that came with the bars.

Which bar clamps for the Pro Bends do most favor?

Thanks!

-Jay

• FastRides

Posted July 07, 2007 - 03:28 PM

I have a set of the Pro Bends on my '07 WR with Pro Taper bar...I gotta say...the Bark Busters put force on the bar ends sufficient to slowly work them out. I even have one of the bar end bolts bent because of the torsional force.

I tried several different installation angles and moved the control hardware around to help the angles...but nothing has really helped.

At this point, I'm looking at the triple clamp mount rather than the standard bar clamps that came with the bars.

Which bar clamps for the Pro Bends do most favor?

Thanks!

-Jay

Fellas, here's more info-
http://www.thumperta...Bends the Shiz?

I also went with the Bike Bonz as suggested by WR Dave in the thread above on my '07. I opted for black and they look pretty good (sorry, no pics). They're a bit expensive, but very stout (have already validated the purchase a couple of times). :thumbsup: With a little trimming of the foam using a utility knife/razor blade, the stock pad will fit right over the top of them.
I ordered mine on-line here: http://www.bikebonz.com/
Great service and about 2-3 day delivery.
Good luck.
MG

• Stoy66

Posted July 08, 2007 - 08:10 AM

Alloy for Pro Tapers

• PROWLER 58

Posted July 08, 2007 - 09:58 AM

I just installed the Cycra Stealth guards.Very small,look cool but Id say they are minimum protection,not h.d. I think theyll be good enough for my type of riding, they cost 40 bucks on sale.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Solo

Posted July 08, 2007 - 02:06 PM

Alloy for Pro Tapers

I'll post a photo in a bit of what I got in the package.

• Stoy66

Posted July 08, 2007 - 05:36 PM

More questions....Anybody have a problem with the clutch lever hitting the hand guard? I thought they weren't supposed to hit and not supposed to have to grind on clutch lever. Are there clutch levers with different lengths?

• FastRides

Posted July 09, 2007 - 08:35 AM

More questions....Anybody have a problem with the clutch lever hitting the hand guard? I thought they weren't supposed to hit and not supposed to have to grind on clutch lever. Are there clutch levers with different lengths?

Yes. I cut about an inch or so off the stock lever and filed it smooth. My thought process was to cut enough off to allow sufficient room b/t the end of the lever and your hand guard so that no fingers get pinched in between while allowing enough lever to grab the clutch. Saves $$ and works just fine.

• drtbk4ever

Posted July 09, 2007 - 08:48 AM

Why not just loosen the clucth perch and slide it inwards on the bars a bit. Saves you having to Cut your lever off.

• Stoy66

Posted July 09, 2007 - 10:54 AM

Damn! Thats a good idea! I'm a a paint by numbers kind of guy.

Thanks!

• Stoy66

Posted July 09, 2007 - 04:31 PM

I spoke to the tech support guy at Cycra today. He said the bar ends I recieved are the newer version and are better/stronger than older version. We shall see.....He did say he'd ship me the others if I didn't like these.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.