Cycra Slimtank for YZ400F

7 replies to this topic
  • flash

Posted March 19, 2000 - 06:58 PM

I was doing some surfing and found a 2.9 gal Cycra Slimtank for the YZ400F. This must be new. The size seems perfect for my needs. Has anyone had any experience with Cycra tanks? (quality & fit) I saw it advertised at parts411.com for $148. That's a great price if this tank's any good.

• Chris_in_the_Mojave

Posted March 19, 2000 - 10:23 PM

IMS is what I see on most of the bikes out at the desert races. I know some people are happy with the Clarke's. I'd stay with one of those two. I have the IMS and I'm happy with it, I've been 85 hard desert miles with it and still had "alittle" gas left :)

------------------
Chris in the Mojave
'98 YZ400F

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted March 20, 2000 - 05:02 AM

ACERBIS also makes a tank. You can see it at www.acerbis.com. My experience w/ Acerbis shows exellent workmanship.

• flash

Posted March 20, 2000 - 05:06 PM

I don't like the IMS. I've heard too many stories of poor fit and I don't like the idea of only using one of the factory mounting bolts at the front. The Acerbis is too huge looking, although I've heard the quality is good. I was curious why Cycra doesn't list a YZ400 tank on their website, so I e-mailed them. They say they don't make one yet. ?? I don't know what parts411.com is selling. I'm probably going to get the Clark or a YZ tank when the time comes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jlm400

Posted April 14, 2000 - 06:56 AM

Flash or anyone out there did you ever try the Cycra tank I am also interested in it.

thanks

• jlm400

Posted April 14, 2000 - 07:24 AM

Does anyone have a picture of the Cycra 2.9 gallon tank for the WR/YZF. There website does not display a picture and I want to know where they added all of the extra material.

• Bill

Posted April 14, 2000 - 10:19 AM

The tank is pictured at Cycras web site. It's cost is $179.00 (US).

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards.

• jlm400

Posted April 14, 2000 - 05:44 PM

Bill,

I could only find a picture of the YZ125/250 tank. I have heard they have a yz400 tank but can not find a picture anywhere. I have seen it listed in a few magazines though. I guess I will just wait till they are open on Monday and give them a call.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.