If "Hurricane" Hannah raced supermoto...

52 replies to this topic
  • Wyatt

Posted July 08, 2007 - 06:44 PM

Have you seen black chrome? Not sure if you are a fan of chrome, but a black chrome swingarm would look killer on that bike.

• teamtoxic

Posted July 09, 2007 - 12:05 PM

I'm a huge fan of anybody who is willing to put the time into streetmoto-ing a YZ. It's not easy. Your bike looks phenomenal by the way and I'd like to make one suggestion...

I see that you picked up a Baja Designs rear LED tail-light. I had one on my street legal YZ SM too, broke two of them. I have to recommend you take a look at the Edge II LED taillight (with the smoked lens). It looks absolutely phenomenal! They're more heavy duty, look WAY WAY better, are brighter and emit a much crisper light. I'll try to remember to post a photo of mine up later.

Wheeling Cycle

Think about it, you can probably get $40 for that Baja Designs tail on E-Bay. The loss would be a drop in the bucket for such an awesome bike.

• MIyzrider

Posted July 10, 2007 - 02:20 PM

That bike looks killer.
i plan on doing my 1998 yz400 "hurricane" up (street legal) as a SM bike over the winter.

• swatdoc

Posted July 11, 2007 - 11:02 AM

Toxic - the DRC is a nice lookin light. The reason I like the BD is that it's smaller in size and "hides" easier

• 2wheels-drz

Posted July 11, 2007 - 12:15 PM

his bike might look something like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is my 2007 450 supermoto project bike. It will be street legal when I'm done. Trying to find a balance between modern race bike and the "classic" retro Yamaha look.

Mods so far include:

- black powdercoated frame
- side cases and head painted with TLTD - a thermal dispersant that sheds heat more than bare metal
- yellow Hurricane plastic and graphics
- custom backgrounds/airbox/rear fender graphics by Dirt Digits
- black anodized and engraved 13mm offset triple clamps by Tri Star
- Marchesini wheels
- Michelin Pilot Powers
- suspension revalved by Mach 1 motorsports - valving as used by Steve Drew, Casey Yarrow, Danny Casey
- Hinson clutch basket and slipper clutch
- STB oversize black clutch cover (120ml xtra volume)
- Ready Racing acc pump linkage
- R & D Power Bowl
- 15/44 gearing via Driven sprockets w/ gold RK chain
- Ready oil filter w/ cover
- black Acerbis fork guards and side panels
- gold Pro Taper bars
- black powdercoated Cycra handguard setup
- gold SME sliders front and rear
- yellow CV4 radiator hoses
- FMF 4.1 carbon pipe w/ Ti megabomb header
- gold powdercoated motor mounts and shock linkage
- yellow Factory Connection shock spring
- Magura 4 piston radial front caliper w/ Factory Pro Racing adapter
- EBC gold 320mm front disc
- Hyde Racing frame guards
- gold anodized timing covers
- Graves chain block
- electrosport 50W stator
- Acerbis front headlight/plate
- Baja Designs rear tail light
- Trail Tech kickstand

Stuff on order/waiting for:
- PWR stage 3 cooling kit (oversize radiators w/ integral oil cooler)
- Graves front master cylinder and brake line
- swingarm and front fork guard graphics ( will probably powdercoat the swingarm black also)

My hat is of to u sir!!! if i had the money i would have and 07 and done the exact same, but with a STM slipper clutch, and carbon fibre wheels, and a beringer system. looks fantastic!

check out my 04 in the garage.

• swatdoc

Posted July 12, 2007 - 11:11 AM

thanks guys

Wyatt- I've heard of black chrome, but haven't seen it. Doubt they do it in Hawaii anyway. I'll just stick with the powdercoating so it matches the frame

• grayracer513

Posted July 12, 2007 - 12:08 PM

I've heard of black chrome, but haven't seen it.

It's pretty cool.

http://www.fastforwa...2006008-800.jpg

http://www.chromeser...allery/4_16.htm

• MikeDD

Posted July 12, 2007 - 12:35 PM

Again Swatdoc, awesome job! The bike looks incredible!

• Justin89

Posted July 12, 2007 - 01:17 PM

Dang, between that bike and the DRZ in the garage you must have some bucks to spare...you must be a doc...lol. That bike is one of the best looking SM's that i have seen. Awesome job and post some pics once you have everything done. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :busted:

• WB450

Posted July 12, 2007 - 01:20 PM

That thing is f:censored:ing sweeeeeet!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • StPeters21

Posted July 12, 2007 - 02:23 PM

That looks awesome!!!!! Super Clean!

And who cares about the Monster sticker. Give them some support. He!!, they are 1 of the only few that sponsers in our sport... They have given the motocross world alot of recognition...So give some back to them! And I wish I was 14!

• mn519

Posted July 13, 2007 - 06:48 AM

Super nice bike! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• swatdoc

Posted July 13, 2007 - 12:11 PM

Gray - that does look pretty cool

Justin - most of my toys are paid for by the sale of illegal drugs! Not what you're thinking, though - I make a lot of overtime money kickin in the doors of drug dealers and stickin my M-4 in their face! That overtime money is my discretionary income to spend on fun stuff, like the supermoto school I just went to given by Gary Trachy - that was a blast.

• KXrider656

Posted July 13, 2007 - 12:14 PM

that thing is crazy

• TeamScream

Posted July 15, 2007 - 04:04 PM

Gray - that does look pretty cool

Justin - most of my toys are paid for by the sale of illegal drugs! Not what you're thinking, though - I make a lot of overtime money kickin in the doors of drug dealers and stickin my M-4 in their face! That overtime money is my discretionary income to spend on fun stuff, like the supermoto school I just went to given by Gary Trachy - that was a blast.

Heheheh! That is so fricking cool!
Go get every single one of those ice smokin mutha f'ers bro, thank you for doing what you do!
Hats off to anyone who makes the world a safer place for my kids to play in!

• LPT1485

Posted July 15, 2007 - 04:15 PM

Beautiful machine, man that thing is nice.

• greentyler

Posted August 28, 2007 - 08:32 PM

any pics as of late? i'm reeeeeeeally thinking about makin' my bike street legal... and any help would be awesome!

• swatdoc

Posted August 28, 2007 - 10:03 PM

I'll try to get some up soon. Just got back from Calif a week ago, we were gone 6 weeks. Picked up a Graves front brake MC and brake line kit, A Graves ignition, and a Graves oil seperator. Also had some more graphics done at Dirt Digits.
Just got my chain block installed on the swingarm yesterday. Also sent my carb out to Zip Ty for the mods, including their new AP linkage.
So just give me a week or two and I should have enogh new goodies on for some new pics.

• Fastest1

Posted September 06, 2007 - 05:24 AM

What precautions did you take regarding the powder coating? All I hear are horror stories about sand in the frame ending up in the motor. I liked your chain alignment tool philosophy, however you can just push up on the bottom of the chain, sight down the now tight upper run and adjust til there is no bow. Same result. Beautiful bike regardless!:thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted September 06, 2007 - 05:59 AM

I liked your chain alignment tool philosophy, however you can just push up on the bottom of the chain, sight down the now tight upper run and adjust til there is no bow. Same result.

Nope. You simply cannot see the tiny amount of deflection that would set the front end of the rod 1/2" or better off of the front sprocket center. What you suggest is a good method, but it's very subjective. The rod is extraordinarily precise.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.