• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 12, 2000 - 08:41 PM

I live So Cal and am looking for a Canadian wr

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 12, 2000 - 10:20 PM

canada rocks! eh.

• fershy

Posted April 13, 2000 - 07:27 AM

Why sre you looking for a Canadian WR if you don't mind me asking?
fershy
99 Canadian WR

• Fritz_in_Calgary

Posted April 13, 2000 - 07:37 AM

yep, good question....
I am a bit curious 'cause I just picked up a 2000 WR on tuesday :) and am at the bottom of the huge learning curve.

• fershy

Posted April 13, 2000 - 09:21 PM

Fritz,
Walts, Crapfoot, Airdre or Bow? Were you on a waiting list?
fershy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fritz_in_Calgary

Posted April 13, 2000 - 10:50 AM

no waiting list. I suppose I got lucky. I did a bunch of phoning around and no one had one for sale. As a second choice, I was then looking for a DRz400 when I stumbled across the WR at Bow Cycle. They said that it had been reserved, but the finacing for the guy fell through.. thus it was back on the floor. I fretted for about 24 hours and threw a deposit on it and then picked it up on Tuesday night...
it was a Two Wheeled Tuesday :)
The sales experience from Bow was really so-so, I guess it comes from having me wanting a hot commodity.. but they were seemingly disinterested that I wanted this $7300CAN bike. My lack of faith in motocycle shops has been re-set back to it's usual sub-par level.
As for the other shops, I still think that Walts is still my favortie... it isn't a yuppie boutique and their coffee is pretty bad.. both prerequisites that a bike shop must have to even be considered.

• Heywood

Posted April 13, 2000 - 11:06 AM

mikesc:

I live in So.Cal and got a Canadian WR from Mission Yamaha (Laguna Niguel). Back when I got mine (March 99) there were no WR's in Cal so they brought them in from Canadia.

They did this again before the first US 2000's came in. Now they have a couple US models on the floor, so I don't know if they will be going back up north this year. It might be worth giving them a call. (949) 582-0351

• William

Posted April 13, 2000 - 12:00 PM

First, 1 you get in your truck, 2 you go north, you can't miss it, i mean Canada.

------------------
2000 WR400F

• Chris_C

Posted April 13, 2000 - 12:29 PM

Have you tried looking in the Recycler? I found my Canadian '00 WR there. I went for the Canadian version because the VIN has a "W" in the 8th position. This eliminated any hassles with the DMV regarding the green sticker or dual sport registration. The guy I bought it from said that he would probably be bringing in a few more. His price on the bike was also much more reasonable than any of the local dealers. Good Luck

------------------

• MotoGreg

Posted April 13, 2000 - 07:20 PM

Ya, the only reason I got a Canadian one was because it was available three months before the CA bikes where and it was the same price. I got mine from Orange County Honda.

------------------
'99 WR400
'92 GSXR 7/11
Visit my photo album AT YOUR OWN RISK!! My photo album
Anyone here a sportbike fan also? Then visit us here at www.insanespeed.com

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.