Tires

5 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 12, 2000 - 03:54 AM

Has anybody tried Dunlop D606's on their WR?

If so.... what are they like?

• TW

Posted April 12, 2000 - 05:48 AM

Last month's Dirt Bike mag had a good article on them. Gave the tire a good review as a DOT tire. Will be trying one as a dual sport tire, and using it in an enduro 1st weekend of may. Will give a report on the tire then.

------------------
99 WR400
BRC
NOHVA
AMA

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 12, 2000 - 05:55 AM

Thanks dewd

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Clark_Mason

Posted April 12, 2000 - 04:51 PM

I just mounted a D606 0n my WR and will report back to the forum on my feelings about this tire. I'v been runing the D756's and had good luck with them.

Clark

• Heywood

Posted April 12, 2000 - 06:04 PM

I have the 606 on my wr4 and am fairly happy with it. It is wearing quite well so far. No complaints there and I have run it on the street a few times.

As far as traction goes, I have ridden mostly hard pack with some sand and it works good under these conditions. I don't know about loam and mud performance yet.

It seems a little narrow and the side knobs are more rounded than the stocker. It makes the bike lean over with little or no effort. I assume that they did this with the street in mind and it is most noticable on street or hard pack. I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing :)

[This message has been edited by Heywood (edited 04-12-2000).]

• fershy

Posted April 13, 2000 - 07:31 AM

I have about 500 miles on a 606 and like the performance so far. Excellent wear, predictability. I thought it would be more of a compromise being a DOT tire than it actually is. Far better tire than the Pirelli DOT, in my opinion.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.