Questions about main air jet.

5 replies to this topic
  • nickeenoo

Posted July 06, 2007 - 08:12 PM

Hi All,

Just picked up my new WR 450 and started to install the GYTR AIS removal and jet kit. Everything is smooth until I get to the installation of the main air jet. The hole that the main air jet is too big and the threads don't catch. I am trying to install the jet to the right of the pilot air jet.

Two questions: is this the right hole and how will the main air jet affect performance?

Thanks,

Nate

• Michigan DS

Posted July 07, 2007 - 10:10 AM

Nate,
Below is a link that was helpful in answering alot of my jetting questions.
Hope it helps

http://www.thumperfaq.com/jetting.htm

• nickeenoo

Posted July 07, 2007 - 12:50 PM

Thanks, looks like its going to be a good read.

Nate

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chimpanese

Posted July 07, 2007 - 06:27 PM

I have the exact same problem. Some of the gytr kits were sent with the wrong main air jet. The jet is too small to fit in the carburetor bell. I spoke with Yamaha and they confirmed this. They are sending me a new air jet this weekend. If you call them, have them fax over the directions, it is much more detailed than the little piece of paper that comes with the kit. Make sure that you install it in the right hand hole when you are facing the carburetor bell.

• Michigan DS

Posted July 07, 2007 - 08:53 PM

Nate,

This is the link I was looking for earlier. It contains a good video. I found it under the "Technical Tips" section.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=445186

Good Luck,

Doug

• nickeenoo

Posted July 08, 2007 - 04:53 AM

Thanks for the replies. I had a ride planned this weekend so I put the bike back together without the main air jet and it actually ran pretty good. There was a very slight off idle bog, but almost not noticeable and little to no popping on decel. The response was also very good. I'll be interested to see what effect the main air jet has on the bike's performance.

Nate

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.