450 for 03' ?

9 replies to this topic
  • TonyRomero

Posted February 21, 2002 - 07:26 AM

Is it a fact that the 03' WR and YZ will be larger in displacement? Maybe even an electric start WR ? If so, count me in. Although there will probably be some sweet deals to be had on the 02' 426's. Are they really hard to start or is that all urban legend?

• BigDesto

Posted February 21, 2002 - 07:52 AM

I have a 02 WR,it starts on the first kick every
time!hot-cold whatever it starts! My 99 kx500 never starts on the first kick.Once you the routine! Go to yamaha.com,Dr. D shows you on a little video clip the procedure.It is the easiest
bike to start that i ever owned :) besides elect.

• ScottyR

Posted February 21, 2002 - 09:33 AM

My buddy is one of the biggest Yammy dealers in Canada and he tells me to expect an 03 WR250/450 with electric start. He said the elec start is for sure!

• TonyRomero

Posted February 21, 2002 - 09:40 AM

Thats great! How much is the price going to be? What month are they going to first be available? I definitely want to drop the DRZ for one of those. Unless of course there is a DRZ470 or something like that. The new WR will be great but I'll bet they will want 6k+ for it. At the same time I'll bet you could get an 02' for about $4500 when the 03's come out. Tough call but I'd rather spend the dough on the new stuff.

• TonyRomero

Posted February 21, 2002 - 09:41 AM

oh, does your buddy ship bikes? I live in Miami, FL. I'd be willing to put a deposit on one right now.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted February 21, 2002 - 09:46 AM

Tony,
I PAID $6K for my 99, in September of '99.

The dealer told me ZERO difference btwn the 99 and 2K. Wish I had waited one month. Dealer also told me the retail was $6.5K!!

• donnylad

Posted February 21, 2002 - 10:45 PM

SLOW DOWN TONY! you sound eager to get your hands on something that no 1 no,s what and if its comin out in 03,we,ve only just got into 02 remember!we all hope to that they bring a wr450 electric start to kick the crf,s ass!! we will just have to be patient and wait!until then i,m gonna have to do all that hard work and kick my wr up (not) its a piece of piss !!whoever says its hard kicking the wr into life is weak!! chow 4 now

• BigDesto

Posted February 21, 2002 - 11:47 AM

ONE KICK AND IT STARTS, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE BIG OR STRONG, JUST A SWIFT STROKE. CHECK YAMAHA.COM
FOR STARTING TIPS, TO SEE FOR YOURSELF HOW EASY IT REALLY IS TO START! 6.2K FOR THE 02 AT BERTS MEGA MALL.

• YAMAKAZE

Posted February 21, 2002 - 12:33 PM

Why wait for 03 for a 450....I'm getting my money together for an 02 426 and am going to have MXTuner put a big bore 450 kit in it like his 99.

Bonzai :)

• ddialogue

Posted February 22, 2002 - 03:33 PM

I've had my 02 WR426 two weeks and I haven't had a bit of problems starting it. I kick it all the way through of couple of times with the decompression lever and it starts up first kick everytime. In fact, everyone that lined up to ride it got it started on the first and second kicks after teaching them the routine. Hot or cold, it starts like a champ. LOVE the DR.D remote hot start lever, BTW.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.