e-start questions

3 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 10, 2000 - 10:09 AM

I am thinking about starting a WR400 electric-starter project, but I have a question. What is the common ratio between starter motor RPM and engine RPM? In other words, how many revolutions does a starter motor make during 1 engine revolution, in general?

I have access to the resources needed for this job, I just need some basic information first. Has anyone else tried/heard of a project such as this?

Roger Little
'99 WR400

• Bryan

Posted April 10, 2000 - 10:55 AM

I heard Mitch from Oz was contemplating an electric start attempt. But, he's away on business. Hopefully, he'll be back soon and share his results with us all.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RodH

Posted April 10, 2000 - 01:21 PM

I thought that was an April fools joke that Mitch posted ?

R o d. H. Canberra, Australia400 Thumpers Australia
2000' WR400
E-Series "Randy Hawkins" replica & Tapered header, Renthals, WB fame guards, Devol Rad. guards,

• MotoGreg

Posted April 10, 2000 - 04:37 PM

You need to pull the starter clutch cover off a bike and count the teeth on the starter drive gear (usually about 10-12) and the starter one way clutch gear (about 50 or so).

'99 WR400
'92 GSXR 7/11
Visit my photo album AT YOUR OWN RISK!! My photo album
Anyone here a sportbike fan also? Then visit us here at www.insanespeed.com

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.