What is this connector?

6 replies to this topic
  • markturbo

Posted July 06, 2007 - 03:18 AM

There are actually 2 plugs that don't plug into anything, one directly below the display with four wires going into it. Then another white one just below it with 6 wires into it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• ARin

Posted July 06, 2007 - 03:40 PM

its for the flux capacitor.

actually, i have no clue. look up the microfiche schematic for that bike and see if it is listed.

• crooks420

Posted July 06, 2007 - 04:41 PM

For your turn signals and horn...... duh

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncampion

Posted July 06, 2007 - 04:55 PM

For your turn signals and horn...... duh

Maybe not so funny, these bikes come street legal in other countries!!

• crooks420

Posted July 06, 2007 - 05:02 PM

Yes, sarcasm for those not fortunate to have that option.

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted July 06, 2007 - 05:58 PM

Ok, looking at the wiring schematic for the 2007, you can see the 4-pos connector in the diagram, and they come from the meter: Ch=SLCT1, Dg=SLCT3,Y=RST,B=GND. This appears to be a method to have a remote switch for changing the info on the display (like a handlebar switch). This obviously has nothing to do with horn or turn signals.

Now, the other connector, with 6 wires into it: I cant find this on the schematic, but my guess is its a diode pack. Maybe you can unwrap the electrical tape and take another pic?

• tony1970

Posted July 06, 2007 - 08:32 PM

The four plug one is for the optional thumb operated remote. It was on the GYTR section of the Yamaha website, but it looks like they discontinued it. I was going to get one, but after trying the computer I can see why they do not have it anymore. Its hard enough to use when your stopped.:thumbsup: The other one I have no idea.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.