Pull engine or 'in frame' rebuild?

2 replies to this topic
  • Ebs

Posted July 05, 2007 - 05:52 PM

I'm replacing the whole top end (cylinder, piston, head) and I would like to inspect the bottom end as well to make sure it's healthy. Should I just go ahead and pull the engine and get to splitting the cases or can I leave it in the frame? Will pulling the side covers off give me a good look at the lower end in addition to checking the rod play when I replace the piston/cylinder?

The previous owner said he had the bottom end rebuilt with low hours, but the bike ate a valve so I just want to be sure all is well before putting the top end back together.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mutu

Posted July 06, 2007 - 04:26 AM

You don't have to pull the motor to check that, but if you do, it is only a little bit more work like a few oil lines and swing arm.

• TG-107

Posted July 06, 2007 - 04:37 AM

easiest will be just to pull the engine then uou got much more space!!!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.