Suspension set-up for new 07 YZ450

3 replies to this topic
  • maicofred

Posted July 05, 2007 - 03:50 PM

Just bought a 07 YZ450. I have had CRF 450 Honda's from 02 to 07. I am a senior rider at 185 lbs. What sag and suspension settings should I start with? I rode it once. I raised the forks 10 mm. Suspension felt borderline soft. Any info. appreciated. Thanks FRED

• lavens763

Posted July 05, 2007 - 04:30 PM

Fred, I set mine when I had stock suspension with the sag at 95mm. Since the steering on the yamaha isn't the most razor sharp in the corners this helped a bit. I ran the forks at stock level (even with the mark), and had the best results with that after trying just about every combination possible while riding in Texas over the winter on mx tracks. I had my suspension revalved front and rear from Borelli suspension and he installed fork canisters on the forks...this really helped everything big time. The soft forks in the initial part of the stroke let the big settle in the corners and this made the turning great as well as everywhere else. I would have this guy do my stuff again for sure and the price is right as well. I'm hooked. Good luck...oh yeah, ditch that stock front tire too..that'll help. Have fun!...burton

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Whyzee429

Posted June 26, 2008 - 10:29 PM

I run my sag at 105mm. turning is still okay with a michelin mh3 on front and the forks raised to the line. 95 seems a little aggresive, but we've had revalves from different companies, so that may be a factor.

• mx614

Posted June 27, 2008 - 05:37 PM

I'm a 200Lb B mx rider and I run 98mm sag 10mm up on forks. Both ends rebound stock settings, fork comp 5-7depends on track and 6 low speed and 1-1.5 on high speed depends on track, I need stiffer srings but valving is close.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.