YZ pipe on my WR

2 replies to this topic
  • Thai

Posted April 08, 2000 - 01:25 PM

Found the best cheap (free if you are lucky) pipe for my WR. Was using a Pro-circuit pipe, the bike ran great but boy was it loud. Felt a little bad making so much noise. I know it is hard to believe, but I hear some people don't like their nature hikes interupted by growling motorcycles. I ordered an FMF pipe and hi-flo header, but the muffler was on back order. Had a brain storm and started calling people who had bought YZ400's and 426s, (got a list from my neighborhood Yamaha dealer). Found a YZ426 pipe in a guys garage, got it for a six-pack of Heineken and a little shop talk. Mounts right on and runs great. A lot quiter than the pro-circuit and just as much power. Don't know how much the hi-flo header contributed, since I never tried the YZ pipe with the stock WR header.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Heywood

Posted April 08, 2000 - 04:55 PM

I did the same thing. A buddy got a pipe for his YZ4 and gave me his stock silencer (he also threw in a DMC head pipe!). Its loud, but way better that the stock (Canadian) boat anchor.

This will hold me off until I can save up the money for a new one.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 08, 2000 - 07:41 PM

me 2 . a free 426 pipe has the best hp/$ by far. its a lot quieter then an open wr pipe to boot.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.